The Silver Lining Report: Game 15/162 (O's win 9-5)

interloper

The O's are 6-9 (nice).

• Chris Davis: HE DID IT.  No squibbers or dying quails to be found here, either. He went 3-4 with 2 doubles and 4 RBI. All balls struck were in the high 90-mph range off the bat. Great day for Chris and I'm happy for him. 

• Andrew Cashner: Another solid outing good enough to get him the win. In the meaningless stat department, his 3 wins lead the majors. He's finally getting a little run support this year, too. Any decent start is a good one for this pitching staff and his ERA drops to 5.31.

• Rio Ruiz: A nice game for Reezy, who has a 2-run single that seemed to confuse the bejesus out of Boegarts. He also walked again, and has 7 on the year in only 41 AB, good for a .327 OBP despite the .220 average. Keep running him out there.

• Rentao Nunez: Nunie notched 2 RBI himself and collected 2 hits. He looks like a capable ML DH to me, and I think it's cool that we have him. 

• Dwight Smith Jr: Feel like I could write this guy's name each game because he usually does something good. This time it was 3 walks. I just think 3 walks is cool.

• Mychal Givens: Yes. That's what we're talking about. 4 Ks over 5 outs and no nonsense. He shut them the heck down to secure the win. Attaboy Mike.

• Errors: 0

• Hits: 13

• Red Sox: In 4th place behind the O's. 

• Mini ?s: Nice DP from Yac to get out of a tough spot, Scott's scoreless 0.2 IP,  Mullins a hit and walk, Mancini 2-5 with a walk, Severino threw out his 3rd would-be base stealer.

Let's see what's in store this afternoon. 

Archived