6 games in the next 5 days

SteveA

Thanks to the rainout causing a doubleheader tomorrow.

So I guess that means that Means is back in the rotation, and we probably won't be sending down a pitcher to bring up a position player for a few more days.

We do get a 26th guy for the DH tomorrow. 

So I know a decision was made to put Means in the pen.   But now he'll get another start.   If he does well, and if Hess is horrible again, the decision of who to bump when you go down to 5 starters could be revisited late next week.

9 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It isn’t raining now. I know more is on way but I wonder if they wound up having a bigger window than they thought?  Over with now. 

This is exactly the gap predicted.   It lasts two hours at most, and it ends around 7 or 7:30.   And then more real heavy stuff.

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Thanks to the rainout causing a doubleheader tomorrow.

So I guess that means that Means is back in the rotation, and we probably won't be sending down a pitcher to bring up a position player for a few more days.

We do get a 26th guy for the DH tomorrow. 

So I know a decision was made to put Means in the pen.   But now he'll get another start.   If he does well, and if Hess is horrible again, the decision of who to bump when you go down to 5 starters could be revisited late next week.

I am guessing Ramirez for the 26th man.

33 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

What about Cobb? Why not just him and option someone after the game?

I think technically the guy you designate as the 26th man has to come up for the one day and then go back down,.

So they can't do that with Cobb.   They have to activate him, send someone down, and then bring up Mr. 26.   Now perhaps they could do that on paper and Mr. 26 would be the guy they sent down so he would just go down the next day,.  That would work out to be essentially what you said.

I don't know all the rules as well as some folks on here....

37 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think technically the guy you designate as the 26th man has to come up for the one day and then go back down,.

So they can't do that with Cobb.   They have to activate him, send someone down, and then bring up Mr. 26.   Now perhaps they could do that on paper and Mr. 26 would be the guy they sent down so he would just go down the next day,.  That would work out to be essentially what you said.

I don't know all the rules as well as some folks on here....

I thought the 26th player can stay. Have to look into it. 

10 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Somewhere in the Warehouse, the intern for the assistant to Elias is Googling the 26th man rule as we speak.

You might think that "Aristotle" would have a better supposition but comedy works also!  ?

The 26th man is only for the second game. My guess is they will wait to see how the bullpen is used in the first game before deciding whether to add someone in addition to Cobb for the second game. 

And who will they send down after the 2nd game to get back down to 25?

Archived