Tanner Scott: Why isn't he at Norfolk?

interloper

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

1-His development was meaningful.  He's taken a step back this year but he had some very encouraging numbers in the majors last year.

2- That covers what 2/3 of the roster?

3- You know it is extremely common for all players to fail.  More guys have been doomed by a lack of velocity.

4- Thanks.  Right, high ceiling.  Don't we want that?

5- Hasn't what?  Shown growth?  He had a FIP in the 3.00's last season, in the majors.

6- I've never said they should keep him up.  I said they shouldn't just leave him down there.  When they need him to eat innings, call him up.

Honestly I think you simply don't like watching him pitch because you don't like watching walks. 

And wild pitches, and home runs, and hits. There's just no upside in having him up here. Whatever upside you think exists, it seems to me that there's more upside in leaving him at AAA for awhile. Let him force his way up like the others. 14 AAA innings. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

If they had a full pen with the ability to get hitters out I would agree.

I'm fine with him bouncing back and forth.

The pen needs to absorb innings.

Yea and its not like Scott is alone with the net effect, this a little sad:

https://twitter.com/baseball_ref/status/1123287193173331969

Sorry, pasting the link does not seem to show the whole tweet. 

Best Bullpen ERA: 1. #Giants - 2.86 2. #Astros - 2.98 3. #Reds - 3.34 4. #Indians - 3.40 5. #RockiesMLB_2019_Colorado.png - 3.48 Worst: 26. #Royals - 5.29 27. #Marlins - 5.40 28. #Mets - 5.62 29. #Nationals - 6.25 30. #Orioles - 6.59

Archived