The Silver Lining Report: Game 35/162 (O's win 4-1)

interloper

A tidy, efficient, and promising victory.

• ?John Means: What else can we say about this guy? He got to the big leagues and found another level in his game. He's one of the brightest spots of the Year 1 Rebuild effort, without question. And this time he pitched a 7 inning 3-hitter against a hot offense for the win. Lovely.

• ?Jonathan Villar: It was a double-unicorn kind of night as Jonny Baseball 2.0 went yard for the team's first grand slam of the year and the 2nd of his career. Grand slams are fun!

• Mychal Givens: He's on a roll now, officially. Save #4 and got the last out on a nasty slider for the K. It was his 3rd straight scoreless appearance and the ERA is down to 3.45. 

• Paul Fry: Paul Fry, setup man. 

• Stevie Wilkerson: He continues to hit? I mean, that's weird but we'll take it for as long as it lasts. Nice little 2-for-4 tonight.

• Rio Ruiz: A 2-hit night. One thing seems apparent so far - Ruiz doesn't seem to really get hot but neither does he slump. He kind of just hangs around at that .230-.250 mark having good ABs. I don't know about you but I'll take that. 

• Chris Davis: On base 3 times with a single, walk, and HBP. Also a sick little momentum-defying shove-pass to the pitcher for the out at 1B. Slick!

• Mini ?s: Severino double, solid defense for most of the game, Nunez a hit to stay above water in his slump. 

• 3-2 vs. Red Sox: Already matched last year's win total versus the Sox. Nice!

Archived