The Silver Lining Report: Game 36/162 (O's lose 8-5)

interloper

One that got away!

• ?Chris Davis: Another absolutely ridiculous play at 1B. IT WAS SO GOOD YOU GUYS. Palmer remarked he had never seen a play like it. Really saved Hess in that inning. Please check out the highlight! https://www.mlb.com/video/must-c-davis-crafty-play?t=must-c Chris also had a solid RBI single the other way. Nearly had a double over Betts' head, but he made a good catch on it. 

• Hanser Alberto: Dinger! Also had the quick thinking to cover 1B on that play.

• Dwight Smith Jr.: There's no stopping him. Another multi-hit game with an RBI double. OPS is .857. 

• Rio Ruiz: A 2-run bomb from my boy Rio. It's fun when he hits for power.

• Joey Rickard: Got off the schneid with a 2-hit night including a double.

• Gabriel Ynoa: Does it again, goes 3 scoreless and looks good doing it. Keep it rolling, young man.

• Miguel Castro: I know it wasn't pretty because of the inherited runner scoring, but it counts as a scoreless outing, his 5th straight. That's progress, folks.

• David Hess: Eh, I thought he was a little better than it seemed. Walks hurt him. Only allowed 3 hits, but 2 were homers. Had 5 Ks in 4 IP and his ERA stands at 5.50. I think he's probably a reliever, but I say keep running him out there.

5 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

As I thought going into the season, the hitting isn't that bad, the bullpen isn't that bad, the starting pitching is going to kill us.

The bullpen is definitely coming around, but man Kline really left a meatball over the plate in this one. He really could use more movement in that thing. I hope he stays up here though because it's time to see what he can do at this level. 

2 hours ago, interloper said:

One that got away!

• ?Chris Davis: Another absolutely ridiculous play at 1B. IT WAS SO GOOD YOU GUYS. Palmer remarked he had never seen a play like it. Really saved Hess in that inning. Please check out the highlight! https://www.mlb.com/video/must-c-davis-crafty-play?t=must-c Chris also had a solid RBI single the other way. Nearly had a double over Betts' head, but he made a good catch on it. 

That really was a gold glove type play. Davis' defense has actually gotten better this year.

Archived