vs. D-RAYS, 7/12

OFFNY

8 minutes ago, atomic said:

Not too many  of these guys are getting claimed.  For example Broxton and Wilkerson would not be claimed.

I agree. But for some reason they haven’t been. But even if a guy is claimed, so what? I don’t care if Castro is claimed, or Bleier, or Alberto or anybody. We have 27 wins. We got no jewels in this treasure box. Rickard always had his head in the game and almost never made bonehead mistakes. I’d rather have him than Smith or Broxton, but oh well. They chose to dump him. 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, atomic said:

I meant not being the worst team in baseball.  

I want them to be. I just hope for more competitive baseball like we saw the last 10 days. They can be competitive game to game and still lose a lot. 

8 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I agree that there are a few pitchers who might be called up. 

But if you get rid of Smith or Broxton, who takes their place? The position player cupboard is pretty bare.

Fine to try to trade Villar, but I doubt there's a deal there. If there is, it likely would be right at the deadline. 

Villar has no value. He was with the bad Astros, the bad Brewers and now the bad Os. Bad player for a bad team.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I agree. But for some reason they haven’t been. But even if a guy is claimed, so what? I don’t care if Castro is claimed, or Bleier, or Alberto or anybody. We have 27 wins. We got no jewels in this treasure box. Rickard always had his head in the game and almost never made bonehead mistakes. I’d rather have him than Smith or Broxton, but oh well. They chose to dump him. 

Pretty sure I remember some Rickard misadventures in the outfield.

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Martin is the worst player on this team.

I think that goes to Smith Jr right now. There is literally nothing he excels at and several things he's horrible at. Martin, as a defensive replacement/pinch runner/backup player, is fine on this team anyway. So long as he's not starting on a regular basis, but at least he brings something to the table. I can't believe Smith is still getting in the lineup as much as he is at this point.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Lurch noise.

Bundy comes across as the kind of guy that would pitch with a gunshot wound.  

Said he felt it in Long Toss, then bullpen and game. Was asked if he thought about telling Hyde, said might of been a slight thought. 

I ignored the internet, to (expectantly) watch a Friday night 11:30 replay for this??? Turned that f-er off by midnight!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story.

Lose by only 6 runs... or better yet lose by only 3.

Archived