Why did Davis go after Hyde? He was not happy.

Snutchy

52 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

No problem.  His obvious disdain for people who make life choices he looks down on simply pisses me off.  I don't care whether my plumber has a college degree, but I appreciate the hell out of him when my shower starts working again.  And, I pay him a pretty penny to make it happen.

When did I ever put down plumbers?  

Just now, atomic said:

I am not the one posting political comments. 

Rut roh, I think you've found a new target. Did you scour my past comments and find something politically adjacent from like six months ago? Hey I'm not the one basically calling everyone w/out a college degree a dipsh*t. That might not have been your intent, but it definitely came across that way. 

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Retire and get paid the contract that he earned and deserved? Sure.

Retire and live on the hundred+ million dollars he's already accumulated.

Or embarrass himself and disrespect the game, the fans, and the organization in order to get every last filthy penny.

With yesterday being the 45th anniversary of a certain president's resignation, I wonder about the similarities of this Hyde/Davis meeting and the Paris peace talks. Specifically:

1. Who else was in the room?
  2. Were they seated the entire time?
  3. Were they strapped to their chairs to keep them seated?
  4. Was there a table? If so, what shape was it?
  5. Is there a recording? The tapes must be fascinating.

Just now, Pickles said:

Or embarrass himself and disrespect the game, the fans, and the organization in order to get every last filthy penny.

This isn't 1950. There isn't any respect for the game anymore. Players are all about the $$$$s. And I'm not going to fault Davis for having that mentality because he's just like everyone else. The Orioles were naive and stupid enough to offer him that contract and he's entitled to every penny. I just don't want to see him earning them in an Orioles uniform. 

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

I mean, your attitude is exactly why you probably like people like Hyde. It's all bravado and machismo. Luckily civilized leaders don't need that nonsense.

I'm the last person to defend Davis here. I just don't see what makes Hyde so special. Now, it's hard to really assess somebody because the talent on this roster is beyond awful.

But I look at guys like Mike Elias and it's night and day how much better he is than Dan Duquette.

I look at guys like Brandon Hyde and compare him to Buck...and I just have to ask people who think Hyde is better or "fantastic": what are you seeing?

To me, I just don't care for the bravado to the media. Here's what Roch reported from Hyde:

"Hyde said he wanted to keep it private and would speak with Davis later. He also expressed remorse that it happened in view of the public, including media, and downplayed the impact it would have on his relationship with Davis and the season."

"We’re going to keep it in-house. It’s private." - Brandon Hyde

"Unfortunately I’m embarrassed that it was caught on camera and people had to see it, but sometimes those things happen." - Brandon Hyde

And that's my rub. It's clear Hyde is either unpolished or can't control his emotions....or worse - both. He's supposed to be a leader of men and he comes across as a hothead. I've listened to enough of his post game pressers and he's more likely to spout off and throw the *totality* of the team under the bus. And that rubs me the wrong way from a leader.

I respect the opinions you've expressed, but tbh I don't understand them.  He's not responsible for Chris Davis' actions.  He's managing people who are grown men and are expected to act as such.  They're not children that he's baby-sitting.  Chris Davis is 33 years old, for God's sakes.  And I don't get your take on Hyde being a hothead.  I think he's been the opposite and tried to make this as small of an issue as he could.  I'm not sure what specifically he could have done significantly better on.  Maybe you're basing your views on what Hyde looks like?  I can see how people seeing him without knowing him would have that view of him.  But honestly, I think he's been very gentle on the whole in his pressers.  I've found over the years that first impressions are often very very wrong.    

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I have a feeling it is not his choice to continue to play. It has more to do with “we will not pay you to sit at home”

Just now, wildbillhiccup said:

Rut roh, I think you've found a new target. Did you scour my past comments and find something politically adjacent from like six months ago? Hey I'm not the one basically calling everyone w/out a college degree a dipsh*t. That might not have been your intent, but it definitely came across that way. 

I didn’t say that at all. I am saying someone who can’t get a 600 SAT score is not the brightest person.  That is below the bottom 1 percentile.  That means more than 99 percent of the people taking the SAT test scored higher than you.   

1 minute ago, atomic said:

I didn’t say that at all. I am saying someone who can’t get a 600 SAT score is not the brightest person.  That is below the bottom 1 percentile.  That means more than 99 percent of the people taking the SAT test scored higher than you.   

But you dont know why Chris Davis or anyone goes to a community college, so you're just bashing his intellect and the intellect of people who attend community college. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don't want to see any more talk about posters or people's intelligence. We get it. You are the smartest guy here. 

And not just you. Everyone else drop this tangent as well.  

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, milbest77 said:

I have a feeling it is not his choice to continue to play. It has more to do with “we will not pay you to sit at home”

Of course he has a choice.

Again, it's a simple one.

Retire with over 100 million in career earnings.

Or continue to embarrass himself and disprect the game, organization, and fans to get every last filthy penny.

And I don't have to pretend to respect him for making the second choice.