vs. YANKEES Game 2, 8/12

scOtt

1 minute ago, scOtt said:

Yeah! You have to keep the mistakes out of middle-middle meatballs. Just WAY too many of those this year.

Even Bundy this year, altho he's done it now for a couple years, but he's almost a grizzled vet. And he gives up fat mistakes with the "best" of them. And that juiced ball but you HAVE to make pitches! And we just DON'T.

Bundy throws the best bp curveball I've ever seen.

I'm with Palmer when he says that you have to keep putting the guys out there and hope they get better. It's not easy to watch this, but it's necessary to see who comes out on the other side. Some will, most won't. It's worth it to get the "some" out of the "most" as it were.

3 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Someone posted something somewhere on here of a podcast with an astrophysicist saying that the balls aren't juiced, they are just more round. Closer to a perfect circle and therefore better aerodynamics.

What ever.... in my best duck lips valley girl impression...

young-woman-whatever-sign-model-released

See, it's that stuff that makes me believe in Eshelman even if no one else does. One bad pitch to Torres, but just rolled through a quick inning. He's got to get better, but I don't think he's garbage like everyone else here. That could change, though. He'll probably make me look silly in saying that before the night is through. Can't wait!

Just now, Sessh said:

See, it's that stuff that makes me believe in Eshelman even if no one else does. One bad pitch to Torres, but just rolled through a quick inning. He's got to get better, but I don't think he's garbage like everyone else here. That could change, though. He'll probably make me look silly in saying that before the night is through. Can't wait!

I'm not a fan of DFAing anyone! Not this year! we have roughly 400 more innings to fill just to finish the season with "ML" pitching. Let 'em all die on the vine.

2 minutes ago, Sessh said:

He just has no margin for error. If some of the guys with better stuff had his pitchabilty they would be much better off.  

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Eshelman looks like that scruffy, smelly kid on your little league team.

Almost everyone sucked on my little league team including me. I was only good at pitching.. in a Mitch Williams kind of way, but it worked. Couldn't hit a lick, though. Couldn't judge fly balls in the outfield. Typical pitcher.