Aug 13th vs Indians

McNulty

I heard from somewhere that we are, maybe I'm wrong though.:confused:

Let me re-quote this, I'm pretty sure there is a hurricane close to us in the Carribean, but were getting the rains and winds from it. To those of you that think Florida is hotter than Maryland... You're dead wrong. We have breezes from the Gulf. We're just hot year -round that's it. Just thought I'd give you that piece of information.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
let me re-quote this, I'm pretty sure there is a hurricane close to us in the Carribean, but were getting the rains and winds from it. To those of you that think Florida is hotter than Maryland... You're dead wrong. We have breezes from the Gulf. We're just hot year -round that's it. Just thought I'd give you that piece of information.

Chris Dolce, Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel

7:49 p.m. ET 8/13/2008

The disturbance closest to the United States is located about 200 miles east of the Leeward Islands and is moving toward the west-northwest at 10 to 15 mph. Showers and thunderstorms have flared during the day with this area of low pressure but are not currently collocated with the circulation center. This system will be monitored over the next several days and may eventually get into a better environment for development. In the Leeward Islands, expect increasing showers the next 36 hours.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/hurricanecentral/update/index.html?from=hp_news

What are you talking about? I know its been raining and storming like crazy...

Chris Dolce, Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel

7:49 p.m. ET 8/13/2008

The disturbance closest to the United States is located about 200 miles east of the Leeward Islands and is moving toward the west-northwest at 10 to 15 mph. Showers and thunderstorms have flared during the day with this area of low pressure but are not currently collocated with the circulation center. This system will be monitored over the next several days and may eventually get into a better environment for development. In the Leeward Islands, expect increasing showers the next 36 hours.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/hurricanecentral/update/index.html?from=hp_news

What are you talking about? I know its been raining and storming like crazy...

You're right, I just checked. But I could swear I heard someone saying we are getting a hurricane. Well, I'd rather not anyway.:D

Archived