2019 World Series (ASTROS vs. NATIONALS)

OFFNY

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Simple question. Why is there a running lane there if you aren’t suppose to run inside of it?  The call was correct. 

Why is half the base in fair territory?

How different was Turner’s path than the Astro Rendon threw out two innings later?   If he beats the throw does he get called out?

32 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Why is half the base in fair territory?

How different was Turner’s path than the Astro Rendon threw out two innings later?   If he beats the throw does he get called out?

What is your point?  Why in the hell do the groundskeepers chalk a white running lane down the line for? Just to waste some chalk? 

If your argument is it is a bad rule or they should have a double base that’s fine. The right call was made. This happened to Dwight Smith this year. 

At no time did he ever run in the running lane.  He took 4 steps on the grass. It was bad luck. A better throw and it doesn’t happen but it did. 

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

What is your point?  Why in the hell do the groundskeepers chalk a white running lane down the line for? Just to waste some chalk? 

If your argument is it is a bad rule or they should have a double base that’s fine. The right call was made. This happened to Dwight Smith this year. 

At no time did he ever run in the running lane.  He took 4 steps on the grass. It was bad luck. A better throw and it doesn’t happen but it did. 

So everyone on the Fox panel - ARod, Ortiz, Thomas, Smoltz are all wrong on this?

Did they make the wrong call with Bellinger against Boston in last year’s World Series when they didn’t call interference?  Exact same path.

BTW, if Gurriel has his right foot on the bag and stretches, he catches it and Turner is out.

My memories of the World Series this decade and a half are not as vivid as they were in the 80s and 90s.

Is Strasburg’s performance tonight the most iconic this decade?  I remember Bumgarner having a great series, but I remember that being because of a great relief appearance on short rest.  This has to rank up there with Johnson, Schilling, and Morris.  What other ones am I not recollecting?  Kind of remember Cliff Lee.

5 hours ago, backwardsk said:

So everyone on the Fox panel - ARod, Ortiz, Thomas, Smoltz are all wrong on this?

Did they make the wrong call with Bellinger against Boston in last year’s World Series when they didn’t call interference?  Exact same path.

BTW, if Gurriel has his right foot on the bag and stretches, he catches it and Turner is out.

Yes, they are all wrong.  

With Bellinger it could have been called but my guess is because it was way off inside the line they didn’t. 

Once again this isn’t about it being fair, the rule is the rule. There is no point of having a base lane if it doesn’t mean anything. Why put it there?

4 hours ago, backwardsk said:

My memories of the World Series this decade and a half are not as vivid as they were in the 80s and 90s.

Is Strasburg’s performance tonight the most iconic this decade?  I remember Bumgarner having a great series, but I remember that being because of a great relief appearance on short rest.  This has to rank up there with Johnson, Schilling, and Morris.  What other ones am I not recollecting?  Kind of remember Cliff Lee.

Bumgarner was better but Strasburg has been great. Rijo was good in 1990 as well. Saberhagen in 85 another I recall.