2019 World Series (ASTROS vs. NATIONALS)

OFFNY

8 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I assume those are fans posting on Twitter and not baseball writers. I saw people on Twitter criticizing Elias when he traded Cashner and why do the Orioles keep trading their good players. Twitter is full of bad baseball takes. 

No, it’s some writers.  

4 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Yep 10-2. Geez Stros. They beat the Yankees and yet they can’t win against the Nats? Well that’s baseball. 

Why are you so surprised? Y's don't have anything close to the Nats' front three of Scherzer, Strasburg, and Sanchez.

12 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Looking on twitter....I just don’t get anyone getting on Hinch about the walk to Soto. I mean who in the hell would want to face him there?  Pressly got the groundball and Bregman screwed up.  

If Bill Buckner gets all the ridicule for that error in the WS, Bregman should get some too. Easy play for a major league infielder.

1 hour ago, Uli2001 said:

If Bill Buckner gets all the ridicule for that error in the WS, Bregman should get some too. Easy play for a major league infielder.

It is amazing how much winning a championship cures everything.  The documentary Catching Hell was all about Steve Bartman and the 03 Cubs, but Bill Buckner was prominently featured.  And it is just amazing how much grief he and Bartman took for their respective roles in the Red Sox and Cubs collapses in those years.  In both situations, extremely long and painful championship droughts were at stake....which meant the pitchforks were ready. 

Of course, the Buckner error was in an already tied game where the Red Sox had somehow blown a 2-out, 2-run lead with nobody even on base.  And it was fascinating to hear Buckner talk about his glove, and then to see what happened to the glove as the ball approached him.  I lived in Chicago near Wrigley in 2003 and I remember all of those events very clearly.  I really do believe that without Bartman's hands touching that ball, Alou catches it and there is no Marlins rally.  But that could have been any one of those fans' hands.  Just an incredible series of events. 

No matter what Houston does or doesn't do in these last few games, they just delivered a title 2 years ago.  So there are no pitchforks. 

Stoked for the Nats.  Don't care that many here aren't.  But as a Northern VA native, I've followed crap teams for pretty much all my life.  The Redskins, I remember the glory years a little bit but for most of my life they've been crap.  Bullets, crap.  I don't care enough about hockey so the Caps winning was nice but I couldn't pretend to care much.  Was more happy for the fans around here that have been through thick and thin.

But I take a partial interest in the Nats.  Don't watch a lot of the games but I watch from time to time.  And I don't care about the MASN deal.  I don't care about Baltimore's inferiority complex and whatever "rivalry" exists between the areas.  It doesn't exist, it's made up by fans and sportswriters that are looking for an angle where one doesn't exist.  The baseball teams are in different leagues, the football teams are in different conferences.  

Glad to see a DC team in a relevant sport on the brink of a major championship.  Go Nats!

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Stoked for the Nats.  Don't care that many here aren't.  But as a Northern VA native, I've followed crap teams for pretty much all my life.  The Redskins, I remember the glory years a little bit but for most of my life they've been crap.  Bullets, crap.  I don't care enough about hockey so the Caps winning was nice but I couldn't pretend to care much.  Was more happy for the fans around here that have been through thick and thin.

But I take a partial interest in the Nats.  Don't watch a lot of the games but I watch from time to time.  And I don't care about the MASN deal.  I don't care about Baltimore's inferiority complex and whatever "rivalry" exists between the areas.  It doesn't exist, it's made up by fans and sportswriters that are looking for an angle where one doesn't exist.  The baseball teams are in different leagues, the football teams are in different conferences.  

Glad to see a DC team in a relevant sport on the brink of a major championship.  Go Nats!

If the Nats win that should boost attendance, fan interest..........and dare I say...................MASN ratings?     That seems like something Orioles fans should root for.   ;)

mwahahahahahahaha

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

What's with this hand clap? Can someone enlighten me?

Altuve made a nice play to snag a Zimmerman grounder that finally brought the top of the 8th to an end. Someone in the Nat’s dugout (I didn’t recognize who) clapped their appreciation  of the play (Or perhaps it was just happiness at a good inning). In any case, it looked similar to the applause my mom would give when my little league team finally managed to get off the field.