SPRING TRAINING HELP

BirdMan

5 hours ago, billhatf said:

The last I saw the dog track is still holding poker games, but no more dog racing.  JSB Baseball used to hold awards banquet there when the dogs were still running ... food was pretty good ... dont know if they still have food or just poker.  

I have read that they have live video parimutuel wagering from tracks all over the country for horses and dogs.

It was my understanding they they have a large poker room and yes I read they do have food.

I still would like to know if it is in a safe area of the city, if anyone knows. Thanks 

10 minutes ago, beervendor said:

Highly recommend Bradenton for an away game. A long time since I was there, but it's a beautiful park and an easy trip from Sarasota.

And the brewer, Darwins, that is across the street, closer than Pickles is to OPACY, makes some absolutely FANTASTIC beers.

Bradenton (Pirates) is an easy drive from Sarasota. Highly recommended. Tickets are usually aplenty. Parking can be a bit of an issue if you arrive late. Stadium has been updated and has a huge Tiki bar behind center field.

The Atlanta Braves are now in North Port, Florida which is in south Sarasota County. Should be a fairly short easy ride and their new stadium looks very nice. I anticipate that tickets will be in demand for most of their games. 

The Tampa Rays are in Port Charlotte which is right down I-75 south of Sarasota.  Decent ballpark. Plenty of parking and tickets are usually available.

12 minutes ago, BamaOsFan said:

Bradenton (Pirates) is an easy drive from Sarasota. Highly recommended. Tickets are usually aplenty. Parking can be a bit of an issue if you arrive late. Stadium has been updated and has a huge Tiki bar behind center field.

The Atlanta Braves are now in North Port, Florida which is in south Sarasota County. Should be a fairly short easy ride and their new stadium looks very nice. I anticipate that tickets will be in demand for most of their games. 

The Tampa Rays are in Port Charlotte which is right down I-75 south of Sarasota.  Decent ballpark. Plenty of parking and tickets are usually available.

The Orioles' first game is at Atlanta's new stadium, 6 weeks from Saturday.

On 1/4/2020 at 8:47 AM, billhatf said:

It's right by the airport.  Pretty much nothing around it. Not in the city at all.  I always felt safe going there with my wife.

The only one I knew about is Derby Lane right on/off Gandy Blvd (rt 92) in St. Pete.

20 hours ago, SteveA said:

The Orioles' first game is at Atlanta's new stadium, 6 weeks from Saturday.

Living in North Alabama its Braves country. But, I grew up here when the Orioles were on Saturday baseball constantly. So, migrated to those Orioles powerhouse teams in the late 60's/70's. Huge fan ever since.

I hope to get to that new ballpark in mid-March and root against them. ?

On 1/6/2020 at 2:04 PM, beervendor said:

Highly recommend Bradenton for an away game. A long time since I was there, but it's a beautiful park and an easy trip from Sarasota.

Thanks for the recommendation. We already have tickets for Bradenton to see the Pirates and the O's on March 19th. We will be going to that game then flying out that night. We fly in on the 15th and going to Port Charlotte to catch the O's play Tampa Bay. Then two home games on the 16th and 17th. Taking the 18th off maybe deep sea fishing and some poker.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1