Clubhouse fights

Frobby

8 hours ago, Frobby said:

I watched Wall to Wall Baseball today and, with nothing else to talk about,

Yes, they spent a lot of time on fights for hundred years ago and did have time for current questions.   Davis is very poor at managing the program to  answer questions from the viewers and keeping them interested.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, wildcard said:

Yes, they spent a lot of time on fights for hundred years ago and did have time for current questions.   Davis is very poor at managing the program to  answer questions from the viewers and keeping them interested.

I enjoyed it.     Would rather hear some stuff reporters don’t usually talk about than have them rehash topics they’ve discussed 100 times before and which are discussed with more sophistication on this board anyway.    

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

If you are a reporter and almost come to blows with other reporters, it probably says a ton more about you than anything else. Trust me when I say the reporter world is not exactly filled with A-type ultra competitive athletes. 

That is what I was thinking. Perhaps he was joking.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I enjoyed it.     Would rather hear some stuff reporters don’t usually talk about than have them rehash topics they’ve discussed 100 times before and which are discussed with more sophistication on this board anyway.    

I have heard about and remember most of the fights before.  Even Roch having words with Connolly.  Its not the first time Roch has told the story.

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I have heard about and remember most of the fights before.  Even Roch having words with Connolly.  Its not the first time Roch has told the story.

I hadn’t heard of any of them, though I don’t doubt they’ve been mentioned before.   

10 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

If you are a reporter and almost come to blows with other reporters, it probably says a ton more about you than anything else. Trust me when I say the reporter world is not exactly filled with A-type ultra competitive athletes. 

Or reporters who think they know more about foreign policy or how to run a government?  

Or reporters 'reporting' the news according to what is being said on Twatter?

• Downvote 4

13 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I assume he was joking. That's Roch's type of humor - and he frequently is posting things that show they are all friendly with one another.

It’s difficult to be a good reporter when you’re an employee of the company on which you are reporting. You can’t deal with controversial subjects in any meaningful way, and even if you learn news early, you can’t divulge it without risking your position.

But that has nothing to do with one’s writing ability. A few of the Oriole guys write really well and are interesting to read regardless of the topic. I miss Jon Shepherd, who wrote beautifully. The writers at (Seattle Mariners) Lookout Landing are brilliant, so good I wonder if the group contains any professional writers.

The MASN guys aren’t writers at all. They just report stuff, though I prefer one over the other.

1 hour ago, Mr. Chewbacca Jr. said:

I assume he was joking. That's Roch's type of humor - and he frequently is posting things that show they are all friendly with one another.

No, he wasn’t joking.    He gave specific examples of things that came up.   But none of those things actually resulted in a physical fight, and Roch basically described them as things that happen between guys when they are together every day for months on end, as the beat reporters are just as the players are.    He basically said all these guys are his friends but sometimes tensions arise.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

No, he wasn’t joking.    He gave specific examples of things that came up.   But none of those things actually resulted in a physical fight, and Roch basically described them as things that happen between guys when they are together every day for months on end, as the beat reporters are just as the players are.    He basically said all these guys are his friends but sometimes tensions arise.    

Roch seems like he might be the type to be easily angered for some reason.