Clubhouse fights

Frobby

18 hours ago, Frobby said:

No, he wasn’t joking.    He gave specific examples of things that came up.   But none of those things actually resulted in a physical fight, and Roch basically described them as things that happen between guys when they are together every day for months on end, as the beat reporters are just as the players are.    He basically said all these guys are his friends but sometimes tensions arise.    

It doesnt surprise me. Throughout my years, Ive seen friends and coworkers who are drinking buddies with others, yet at the same time, somebody can make a remark and they even come to blows, and yet, the next minute they are BFF and drinking together again.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

We lawyers don’t have physical fights, we just write each other nasty letters.

I think you need to rethink that.

New Show on TV, Court Cam.

The lawyer called out the judge for being clueless, the judge, went declared court for a brief recess and invite the lawyer outside to the hallway and they traded blows.

The lawyer was disbarred and the judge ended up getting canned.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

It doesnt surprise me. Throughout my years, Ive seen friends and coworkers who are drinking buddies with others, yet at the same time, somebody can make a remark and they even come to blows, and yet, the next minute they are BFF and drinking together again.

What kind of industry do you work in. I have never seen friends or coworkers come to blows. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

It hasn't been 2020 forever.  

The only time I almost came to blows at work, outside of basic training/AIT, was when I was in Afghanistan and I almost came to blows with my Battalion commander because he was making decisions that was going to put lives in danger.

Saying that, there were a few times back in the day that I considered trying to meet up with some posters who were particularly nasty and went after my family or just plain made stuff up about me. Age, maturity and experience though have now allowed me to just ignore these kinds of people. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Winstrol is a hell of a drug.

22 hours ago, SteveA said:

Roid rage?

Let's be careful here. I realize you guys are joking around, but what he does to get jacked is his own business. I don't think we should be openly suggesting someone is doing something illegal regardless of how quickly he seems to get angry. Besides, when he went off on me, I found out later his Dad was very ill and later died, so he clearly could have been under a lot of stress.

It was part of the reason why I thought he would have apologize last season and all would have been forgotten from my end, but not everyone is like that.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Let's be careful here. I realize you guys are joking around, but what he does to get jacked is his own business. I don't think we should be openly suggesting someone is doing something illegal regardless of how quickly he seems to get angry. Besides, when he went off on me, I found out later his Dad was very ill and later died, so he clearly could have been under a lot of stress.

It was part of the reason why I thought he would have apologize last season and all would have been forgotten from my end, but not everyone is like that.

You are correct, my bad.  

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I once almost got into it with a co-worker.  I was very upset and ready to throw punches.  Typical bully, this person was.

A few weeks later, our company threw her a retirement party.  A part of me was sad that she had to work until 80.  Cute great-grandchildren though.

No punches needed.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1