Poll: what do you think of the Astros’ punishment?

Frobby

What do you think of the Astros’ punishment?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Astros’ punishment?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/20 at 20:32

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t understand what he is saying happened.   

I took is as they used some substance.to improve their grip so the could impart more spin.  You know, like what Matusz got suspended for.

Of course Baurer really put his foot in the mouth with his Trout tweet today.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I took is as they used some substance.to improve their grip so the could impart more spin.  You know, like what Matusz got suspended for.

Of course Baurer really put his foot in the mouth with his Trout tweet today.

Tried to find it.  Couldn’t. What did he say about Trout?  Was it similar to what Brosius was claiming yesterday?

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

Tried to find it.  Couldn’t. What did he say about Trout?  Was it similar to what Brosius was claiming yesterday?

He said Trout had to pass stringent rules to get an hgh exemption for his thyroid issue.  (Paraphrasing)

What he meant to say that IF Trout had an hgh exemption....

Kinda a big difference.  

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He said Trout had to pass stringent rules to get an hgh exemption for his thyroid issue.  (Paraphrasing)

What he meant to say that IF Trout had an hgh exemption....

Kinda a big difference.  

Brosius’ son was saying yesterday that Trout does have an exemption.

On 1/14/2020 at 11:43 AM, yeoledugger said:

What would Judge Landis do (WWJLD)?600_1504840438.jpg

The Black Sox scandal was investigated all during the 1920 season. Whatever board or panel ruled that all the players were not guilty. KML promptly banned all the players anyway after the 1920 season. There's a "pretty upset" commissioner. There's a precedent for Can_of_corn!

5 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hey look, evidently the 80's White Sox teams did something similar.

I'm shocked.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/jack-mcdowell-80s-white-sox-tony-la-russa-cheated/fac8vh3ph8vb1dkja2jox1n10

And the Mets.  Heck this came out in 1995 AND NO ONE CARED.

Cheated is ingrained in baseball.

Bullying is ingrained in elementary school.  And junior high school.  Especially junior high school.

Sexual predation is ingrained in Hollywood.  

Too bad that nothing can be done about it.  So sad.

On 1/15/2020 at 1:55 PM, Number5 said:

I also made the point that your comment that what was done in 1877 was somehow pertinent was just plain silly.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:04 PM, NCRaven said:

No.  The historical reference simply puts the Pete Rose ban in context with the history of the game.  It wasn't an isolated incident.  The ban has been in place and used over a long period of time.  The comment was pertinent.

The comment was perfectly cromulent.

I think the reason that manny people are so taken aback by this scandal is that it dissipates  the illusion that baseball is slightly better than everyday life. It’s the same when there are drug scandals, revelations about the exploitation of 14 year old kids in impoverished countries, and when rich owners  extort  cash strapped cities. I think many of us want baseball to be a haven from the greed, hubris, pride, venality, and selfishness of everyday life. We just want to see magical curveballs, majestic speed,  unselfish teamwork, fun, joy.
Back to reality.

3 hours ago, 24fps said:

Bullying is ingrained in elementary school.  And junior high school.  Especially junior high school.

Sexual predation is ingrained in Hollywood.  

Too bad that nothing can be done about it.  So sad.

You misunderstand me.  I wasn't saying they shouldn't try and root it out.  I was saying stop acting like this is something new.