When Will the 2020 MLB Season Begin? (Poll)

24fps

Start of the 2020 Season  

149 members have voted

1. 1. When will the 2020 season begin?

• Sometime in April
    • Sometime in May
    • Sometime in June
    • Sometime in July
    • No 2020 Season at All

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/20 at 04:59

4 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I would be astonished, completely astonished if there is a season this year.   

Frankly, I think teams are going to really struggle to stay afloat.   No revenue coming in and they are on the line for an incredible amount of owed money to players, staff, and other obligations.  

Bail them out also. Bail everyone out. 

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

When I was taking Plaquenil the primary manufacturing source for it was in India. One year that factory flunked its FDA test, so there was a shortage and the price (on my insurance) went from $12/mo. to $75.

According to this, the primary source is in Israel

Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. said it plans to donate more than 10 million tablets of hydroxychloroquine sulfate, a malaria drug touted by President Donald Trump as a potential treatment for the coronavirus, to help U.S. hospitals meet a potential surge in demand.

The Israeli company is one of the world’s largest makers of hydroxychloroquine, a less-toxic version of chloroquine, which is used in malaria, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus. Though the treatment hasn’t yet been approved for use in patients with Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus, Trump said Thursday he has urged health authorities to expand its use.

Teva will donate 6 million tablets to U.S. hospitals through wholesalers by March 31, and more than 10 million within a month, the company said Thursday. All subsequent product manufactured and shipped to wholesalers will also be donated.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-20/teva-rushes-to-bring-malaria-drug-to-u-s-coronavirus-patients

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

I would be astonished, completely astonished if there is a season this year.   

Frankly, I think teams are going to really struggle to stay afloat.   No revenue coming in and they are on the line for an incredible amount of owed money to players, staff, and other obligations.  

They will save money by not having draft no international signing.  The Orioles don’t pay rent and have lots of equity they can borrow against.  They will be fine. City will be in bad shape with tax revenue being down. 

6 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

When I was taking Plaquenil the primary manufacturing source for it was in India. One year that factory flunked its FDA test, so there was a shortage and the price (on my insurance) went from $12/mo. to $75.

My point is that any drugs that work will need to be sourced in the US so there is a stable supply.

There is a plant in West Virginia that makes this and they are ramping up.

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

They will save money by not having draft no international signing.  The Orioles don’t pay rent and have lots of equity they can borrow against.  They will be fine. City will be in bad shape with tax revenue being down. 

Technically they dont pay rent, but they do pay lots of money. Im sure, you know that.

Twenty-five years after Oriole Park at Camden Yards opened, the Orioles have paid the state $255 million in rent and admission taxes — more than the stadium's sticker price — and state officials say Maryland got a good deal even as it continues to spend $15 million a year to pay off the bonds.

5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Technically they dont pay rent, but they do pay lots of money. Im sure, you know that.

Yeah in admission taxes.  They won't be paying them.  That is what i just said the city and state will lose money on this. 

37 minutes ago, atomic said:

All the college kids partying in Florida and Texas are going to bring the virus back with them. I am not sure why the governors of those states didn't shut the party down.

For the same reasons the sheriff in Jaws didn't close the beach right away. 

2 hours ago, atomic said:

All the college kids partying in Florida and Texas are going to bring the virus back with them. I am not sure why the governors of those states didn't shut the party down.

They are young and invincible.  I remember that time in my life.  Young, dumb, and full of ***.

Edited by rudyrooster