O's Future Shortstop Ratings Comparison

wildcard

From Fangraphs:

Richie Martin Hit:  35/50  Power: 30/40  Speed  60/60  Field 45/50  Arm 55/55  (Best Speed)

From Orioles.com

Henderson   Hit: 55  Power 55,  Speed 50 Field 50  Arm 60 ( Best Hit, Power and Arm)

Adam Hall  Hit 50  Power 40   Speed 60   Field 45    Arm 55  (Best Speed)

Grenier   Hit 45   Power  40    Speed 60   Field 60     Arm 60  (Best Speed, Field and Arm)

Hernaiz   Hit 45  Power 40   Speed 55  Field 55   Arm 50

McCoy   Hit 50  Power 35    Speed 55  Field 60  Arm 55  (Best  Field)

MLB Pipeline 

Westburg   Hit 45  Power 50   Speed 55 Field 50   Arm 55  

Servideo   Hit 50  Power 40   Speed 60 Field 55 Arm 55   (Best Speed)

Ortiz  Hit 50  Power 35  Speed 55  Field 60  Arm 50  (Best Field)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

That seems to be a stretch since he's a 35 now and he turns 26 in December.  Even if you give him some credit for being a Rule 5 draftee it's hard for me to see him with an average batting average in the majors.

Yes that’s my thought exactly, but the number that was offered in the OP was 35/50, which is why I asked. If he could actually reach 45-50 range, with his other assets, he will end up as a terrific rule 5 guy, and will stick with us for his full 6 years.

Where is Francisco Lindor on the scale? He's the guy I want :)

FA in '22. It is possible we are seeing Rutschman and Gray Rod by that point. Davis would still have a year of money owed but will be thankfully off the books after that. Aside from Davis, payroll will be a shoestring budget where we could perhaps compete in the market for once. 

1 hour ago, Ruzious said:

Those numbers for McCoy (other than power) look a bit high.  Also for Grenier.  

Have you watched Grenier?  What grades would be give him?   I know there is concern about whether he will hit in the majors but he is a fielding first SS from what I have heard.

18 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Have you watched Grenier?  What grades would be give him?   I know there is concern about whether he will hit in the majors but he is a fielding first SS from what I have heard.

I thought it had been discussed that his glove has been disappointing since he's been in the organization.

• Upvote 1