Jorge Lopez for the playoff run

backwardsk

20 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

He put up a 6.33 ERA over 123 and 2/3rds innings last year. His rWAR was worse than that of Chris Davis.

Yet here is a pedigree I am nonetheless a little excited about.  I had near Nate Pearson/Spencer Howard type hopes for him coming of his AA acedom in 2015.  In the 2017 WBC, he earned starts for Puerto Rico and beat Miguel Gonzalez.

at Estadio Charros de Jalisco
Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Flag of Puerto Rico Puerto Rico 2 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 4 9 13 1
Flag of Mexico Mexico 1 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 4 7 1
Pitchers of Record
Win: Jorge Lopez (1-0), Loss: Miguel Gonzalez (0-1)
Home Runs
Puerto Rico: Francisco Lindor 2 (2), Javier Baez (1)
Mexico: none
Umpires
HP: Doug Eddings (USA); 1B: Winfried Berkvens (Netherlands); 2B: Quinn Wolcott (USA); 3B: Michael Ulloa (Spain)
Time of Game: 3:40
Attendance: 15,647

Puerto Rico turned in another solid performance to defeat host Mexico for their second win, which almost guaranteed them a spot in the next round. Starter Jorge Lopez gave up only 2 hits and 1 run in 4 1/3 innings, while his teammates scored four times in as many innings against Mexican starter Miguel Gonzalez.

But yeah, MLB hitters have handed him his hat half a decade.  I do feel like the Brewers/Royals may not be top of the class at the Elias pitching philosophy, and am guessing Elias scouted him some in PR as he is about Carlos Correa's age.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1