Hunter Harvey looked less impressive this year

Frobby

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

Another thing I’ll say about this: it’s one thing to look at a relatively young, inexperienced player and give impressions based on watching them in an SSS.    It’s another to get excited about a player who over a short period of time has exceeded his typical performance over a much longer period.    And I am not saying that short term performance never signifies long term improvement or growth.    But often, in that situation, a hot streak is just a hot streak. 

And its another to have a player like Valaika.   Who has some background of success in the minors and majors but has not really been given a chance to play regularly.   Then he gets a chance a take advantage of it.   In fact Valaika has a 791 OPS this season.   And played very well at 2B.   And will probably be paid about half of what Alberto will get next year for a team that is looking for every way possible to cut payroll.   So Valaika has a decent chance of being the O's starting 2nd baseman next year.  Its not certain.  But its possible.  If not he probably  gets regular at bats as a utility player.

Or Mullins who has shown himself to be very good  CF defender and also has a 305/348/448/791 vs righties.  Hyde has pretty much shown that he likes both Hays and Mullins in the same outfield.   So much so that vs right handed pitchers next year the outfield is likely to be Hays/Mullins/Santander.  At least until Diaz is promoted.

I saw these two players were doing well early and as opposed to what you are saying they continued to do well and have set themselves up for possible bigger roles with the O's next season.