Playoffs are set

SteveA

55 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Playoffs will give a juicy pinch hitting debate.

With Britton 24 pitches deep and having just yielded a walk to put the tying run on base, Alomar pinch hits lefty masher Jordan Luplow for the scalding hot Josh Naylor.  Makes it easy for Boone to just go to his righty, and saves Britton what would have been an interesting matchup.

It doesn’t work, Britton is charged with two runs. But now, up 9-8, the bases are loaded top 9, no outs. Grrr The Indians are TRYING to lose... sheesh.

o

The Yankees almost a Mickey Owen incident when their catcher dropped the 3rd strike of what would have been the final out of the game ........ but unlike the 1941 Brooklyn Dodgers, the Yankees bore down and won the game anyway.

o

Went to bed before the end of the Yanks game. They were up 8-6, that is a rough loss for Indians. 

The NYY-TB matchup would be better served in the ALCS not DS. Oakland barely held on yesterday and Hendricks wasn’t sharp, threw a ton of pitches. Good chance CWS gets the W. 

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Went to bed before the end of the Yanks game. They were up 8-6, that is a rough loss for Indians. 

The NYY-TB match-up would be better served in the ALCS, not the DS.

Oakland barely held on yesterday, as Hendricks wasnt sharp. He threw a ton of pitches in 1.67 innings ........ subsequently, I think that there's a good chance that the White Sox get the )W) this afternoon.

o

4-0, Indians.

6-4, Yankees.

6-6, Tie Game.

8-6, Yankees.

8-8, Tie Game.

9-8, Indians.

10-9, Yankees.

Roller Coaster Boomerang GIF by Lake Compounce - Find & Share on GIPHY

o

There's the matter of being the 21st pick and not 3rd, but if DL Hall could be in the ballpark of where Ian Anderson is now in a year, that would be nice.

Scanning the 2017 1st round if we re-did it today, I see Lewis, Gore, Hiura, Adell, Ramos and Pearson as guys you'd probably obviously prefer to him.

Hall head to head with the Shane Bazzes and Clarke Schmidts of the world will tell us a good deal of high in the league the peak Rutschman teams can get.

Reds imploding in 9th of another 1-0 game; Ozuna beat Day 2 Raisel to make it 3-0 (and ruin the drama of would Braves really use Melancon, 15th on the team in K-BB%, in a 1-run game); now Suarez has dropped a pop up to let Albies get on with a second chance.

While I'm generally always rooting for a deciding game, Nick and O'Day are enough for me to be content to get to see them chase that One Shining Moment another week.

Will the Reds opening offer to FA Bauer include a stake in franchise ownership?

5 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Reds imploding in 9th of another 1-0 game; Ozuna beat Day 2 Raisel to make it 3-0 (and ruin the drama of would Braves really use Melancon, 15th on the team in K-BB%, in a 1-run game); now Suarez has dropped a pop up to let Albies get on with a second chance.

While I'm generally always rooting for a deciding game, Nick and O'Day are enough for me to be content to get to see them chase that One Shining Moment another week.

Will the Reds opening offer to FA Bauer include a stake in franchise ownership?

Did you see Bauer did a tomahawk chop when he left the game?

Such an edgelord.

I knew batting averages were down, but did not realize Edwin basically under-ed Chris Davis's .168 with a .157 of his own.  Only 181 PA, so I suppose narrowly misses the 3.1 PA/game thing but basically a regular.  Adam Engel seems to have Pipped him for the postseason.

It's hard out here for an aging slugger.

This White Sox-A's decider feels promising for 7 pitchers by both teams.  I hope we in 2022 are in the right spot to draft the Garrett Crochet type guy for the September bullpen.

I guess the Braves will play the Cubs-Marlins winner in the NLDS.

If the Atlanta pitchers throw another shutout in the first game of that series, they'll be within striking distance of the Orioles' record of 33 consecutive shutout innings in a single postseason.

10 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

So usually the easy answer is not the Yankees.  But this year, the Astros and Braves can lose sooner.  We may as well talk about some really far away players no one really knows.

What’s wrong with the Braves?  It’d be cool to see Markakis get a ring. 

And I’d still rather see the Astros win than the Yankees.