Top 5 Improved farm systems in 2020 per MLB, Orioles #4

Roll Tide

What prospects are going to graduate from prospect status this season?  Mountcastle, Akin, Kremer. Zimmerman is a probably. Of course there will be a surprise or two, and maybe a reliever, but I think we’ll see a much improved farm system post draft/trade deadline. 

It’s really not just our top 30, it’s that we have a legit top 50, and possibly a legit top 75 come August. 

It sounds terrible saying this but 2023 could be our 2012. 

44 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What prospects are going to graduate from prospect status this season?  Mountcastle, Akin, Kremer. Zimmerman is a probably. Of course there will be a surprise or two, and maybe a reliever, but I think we’ll see a much improved farm system post draft/trade deadline. 

It’s really not just our top 30, it’s that we have a legit top 50, and possibly a legit top 75 come August. 

It sounds terrible saying this but 2023 could be our 2012. 

Why does that sound terrible?  I’d take that in a heartbeat. 

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

That opposite field blast to the 390’ power alley was no joke. Looks like 20+ HR power in OPACY. 

Driving a 99 mph Dustin May fastball isn't bad either. I will be following his spring training closely as he has a huge opportunity to break camp with the team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

Off topic a bit, but when we get ready to contend (2022/2023) and Davis has very little left on his contract, do you think ownership (if we are not sold) will expand the payroll to supplement the home grown talent?

Elias has said that ownership will spend the money when the team is ready to contend. I believe him. Now, it will be within reason I'm sure but ownership has backed up what he has said so far in his tenure. He said the ownership group was supporting player development...this has been true so far. He said the ownership group will invest internationally....they spent their entire allotment this year. He even said that he had the ability to essentially "pay" for a prospect and that just happened with the Cobb deal. I doubt many long term deals will get signed but I can envision them operating like the Twins and Braves and signing high dollar, short deals. 

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Those 4 are close to definite to graduate.

Baumann, Diaz, Jones, Lowther, Wells are possible.

Nevin, McKenna, Kevin Smith, Bradish and Adley are doubtful.

I don't think there is anyone else with a chance.