2021 Spring Training Tracker

Tony-OH

Zimmerman and Lopez are in. Deal is done. Seal the deal. They have been the two best pitchers in camp so far. Elias still looking fir trade chips so a bunch of others. The young studs cavalry cones up in July and august. 

25 minutes ago, Philip said:

Greene and Wells. Did you have either of them making the team? Followed by Zimmerman, who has been BLAZING

I have read you touting TWells for weeks now. Tony-OH has been coming around more recently. I think they are going to keep TWells and return Sceroler.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Philip said:

Greene and Wells. Did you have either of them making the team? Followed by Zimmerman, who has been BLAZING

Wells of course was an unknown for me before the Rule 5 selection and I didn't know about Greene's arm until seeing him pitch this spring. After watching both, Green for me has the most upside of the two, but I do like Wells enough to keep him around and see how he does this year. 

19 hours ago, SteveA said:

Zimmerman I guess.

Hardly anyone is hitting.

Maybe HOW dominate Zimmermann has been, but i was really impressed with him last spring before the shutdown and though the fastball and slider really took steps forward last spring, so it's not a shock to me to see him do it again.

If he can find that changeup and get a little less velocity on it, he could be another John Means.

13 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

I have read you touting TWells for weeks now. Tony-OH has been coming around more recently. I think they are going to keep TWells and return Sceroler.

Well I didn’t really jump on board the Wells train until after I read Tony’s initial assessment of him..

I did compare the stats of the two rule five guys, and Wells seemed to be more accomplished. I still don’t understand why Wells was not the earlier choice, but he certainly done well so far.

40 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Who has been your surprise?

Connor Greene really came out of nowhere for me. Didn't know much about him and certainly didn't think a guy with high 90s stuff would be a minor league free agent signing. I'd like to know about what he did between 2019 and now because his stats make him out to be a pretty wild pitcher, but we haven't really seen that so far. He hasn't walked a batter in five innings and this is a guy who walked 16 in 15.1 relief innings in AAA back in 2019. 

Either way, I the outing I watched him on TV, I really liked his stuff and not just velocity wise. If his his new found control is for real, he could be a real find.

• Upvote 3