Kjerstad still hasn't reported to alternate site [UPDATE: He's reported]

interloper

29 minutes ago, Aglets said:

The Orioles haven't confirmed it.  And we may never get official confirmation one way or the other.  It is what it is.  But there is a documented increased risk of myocarditis from COVID-19 in athletes.  So with Occam's Razor and all it seems fairly plausible.   Glad to see he seems to be recovering ok now.  Here's to him storming on the scene in 2022.  It'll be like we are getting TWO high first rounders next year!

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210920/Myocarditis-risk-from-mRNA-COVID-vaccines-re-evaluated-in-Canadian-study.aspx

Small numbers but it has happened due to the MRNA vaccines too.

Obviously the Orioles would never confirm that it was from the vaccine even if it was, but the facts are that it is a possibility. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210920/Myocarditis-risk-from-mRNA-COVID-vaccines-re-evaluated-in-Canadian-study.aspx

Obviously the Orioles would never confirm that it was from the vaccine even if it was, but the facts are that it is a possibility. 

We don't even know if he got a vaccine.  This kind of speculation about his situation really should be avoided, imo.    

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Didn't he get it before the vaccines were even developed and available to the public?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

We don't even know if he got a vaccine.  This kind of speculation about his situation really should be avoided, imo.    

Oh my bad, I retract!!!!!!!! 

Good lord. I think it's a safe assumption. The Orioles are offering to vaccinate fans that show up to games for the love of God. I'm not trying to be controversial here.

I didn't write the article. I'm not a scientist. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Oh my bad, I retract!!!!!!!! 

Good lord. I think it's a safe assumption. The Orioles are offering to vaccinate fans that show up to games for the love of God. I'm not trying to be controversial here.

I didn't write the article. I'm not a scientist. 

Lol, that's not exactly a retraction, and you just might have been overly defensive there.  Peace.   

Just now, Ruzious said:

Lol, that's not exactly a retraction, and you just might have been overly defensive there.  Peace.   

What is there to retract? I posted an article that suggested the MRNA vaccines may in rare cases cause Myocarditis.

I myself am fully Moderna'd for the love of God. Relax yourself. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Since he got it a long time before vaccines were available, I think we can cross that off the list. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What is there to retract? I posted an article that suggested the MRNA vaccines may in rare cases cause Myocarditis.

I myself am fully Moderna'd for the love of God. Relax yourself. 

You just said "Oh my bad, I retract!!!!!!!!".            

2 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

You just said "Oh my bad, I retract!!!!!!!!".            

All I am saying is that it is a (rare) possibility that he got it from the MRNA vaccine, just as someone said earlier there is a possibility he got it from having COVID. Which, I think, is also speculation.

Honestly, who cares how he got it? I don't. I just want him to recover and produce. The fact that he's swinging the bat again tells me that he's 100% recovered b/c the Orioles wisely wouldn't take a chance otherwise. That's a good thing. Now let's hope he produces.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

All I am saying is that it is a (rare) possibility that he got it from the MRNA vaccine, just as someone said earlier there is a possibility he got it from having COVID. Which, I think, is also speculation.

Honestly, who cares how he got it? I don't. I just want him to recover and produce. The fact that he's swinging the bat again tells me that he's 100% recovered b/c the Orioles wisely wouldn't take a chance otherwise. That's a good thing. Now let's hope he produces.

I mean he could’ve had a time machine and travelled to the future to get the vaccine, then returned with the side effect. My main question is if he’s traveling in time, couldn’t he do something to keep us from being such a terrible franchise. Maybe get Biff’s sports book and tell Elias who to sign. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/9/2021 at 11:17 AM, Can_of_corn said:

I think Mayo has serious bust potential. 

In so much as a fourth round pick can bust.

Love reading through these threads for nuggets like these.  Jammer deserves a gold star in this thread.  The speculation is scary!  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

No.  There is no chance.  Please stop with this line of inquiry.   Yes there is also a link with the vaccines (not as high of a link as with the disease btw) but Kjerstad got myocarditis before the vaccines were available to general public.

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Gotcha.  I should have said the same thing to him about not speculating.  We're good.