Thursday June 24: Orioles begin 3 time zone road trip in Buffalo

SteveA

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

And to add insult to injury, the Blue Jays challenge a play at first on a throw that pulled Mountcastle off the bag.  The call was reversed, but why even bother with a challenge there?  It means nothing to the game.  You change a ground out to an error, so it makes no difference on Grichuk's batting average.  

Jays are trash. Dude tries to tag up to second on a fly ball up 9-0.

• Upvote 1

Not many people in here but here's a trivia question about the Blue Jays.

Vlad Guerrero Jr. is the youngest Blue Jay to hit a home run in a major league game (20 years 59 days old).  Who held that distinction before Guerrero hit his first home run?

No cheating.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

20 consecutive scoreless innings.

Still need another 28 innings to tie the 1968 Chicago Cubs and 1906 Philadelphia Athletics. 

Today in Cubs history: The Cubs break the longest scoreless streak in MLB history

At last, after being shut out four straight times and for most of a fifth game, the Cubs broke through on the scoreboard with one out in the third against the Redsin Cincinnati. Not that it was any great offensive feat — Reds pitcher George Culver walked the bases loaded and Billy Williams hit a sacrifice fly for a 1-0 lead.

Hooray! The streak ended at 48 innings, which set a National League record and tied the major-league record set by the 1906 Philadelphia Athletics.

11 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Not many people in here but here's a trivia question about the Blue Jays.

Vlad Guerrero Jr. is the youngest Blue Jay to hit a home run in a major league game (20 years 59 days old).  Who held that distinction before Guerrero hit his first home run?

No cheating.

Tough one.... The only Blue Jay I can remember coming up real young was a pitcher, Miguel Castro who later played for the O's. Obviously not him.

Seems like the late Tony Fernandez was pretty young when he came up with them IIRC.  I'll go with him.

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

No on Barfield and Fernandez.

I don't think I'll get another guess so I'll spare you the suspense.

Danny Ainge hit one at 20 years 77 days old when he played for them.

Ha, That’s who I was trying to remember, real skinny kid blonde hair looks like he was late to go throw his paper route, and I think he left baseball to play basketball for the Indiana Pacers didn’t he?

1 minute ago, Yossarian said:

No on Barfield and Fernandez.

I don't think I'll get another guess so I'll spare you the suspense.

Danny Ainge hit one at 20 years 77 days old when he played for them.

You might win a drink at a bar with that question.

Just now, Philip said:

Ha, That’s who I was trying to remember, real skinny kid blonde hair looks like he was late to go throw his paper route, and I think he left baseball to play basketball for the Indiana Pacers didn’t he?

Boston Celtics.

He may have been one of the most decorated high school athletes ever.  All American in Football, Baseball, and Basketball and a scratch golfer in high school.

• Thanks 1