Matt Harvey for the Win! vs Nats 7/24

Il BuonO

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Problem is, he needs the FB. You can’t throw 3,4,5 consecutive of the same damn pitch to ML hitters without them making you pay. And the thing is, good FB is pretty good. It doesn’t help that Severino sucks at sequencing amongst his many defensive shortcomings.

Felt lucky there wasn't a passed ball in addition to the HBPs.

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Ncie variety of pitches from Tate.

The O's win! We're 5-3 since the ASB.

Yeah, I could see him in that role. Two nasty CHs to the first hitter for a K. Like his stuff, doesn’t seem intimidated by the moment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Philip said:

It was a rhetorical question, however, I will remind you that there is a difference between talent and result. Many a talent has failed to develop fully.

You know, I can remember years ago arguing with guys here who kept saying they should get rid of Scott. I kept saying they’re going to give a guy who throws up to 99 mph every chance to succeed. 

But it’s no good to have the velocity if you’re afraid to throw the pitch from where the velocity is derived. He has to throw the FB more and if he does it will only make the slider more effective.