Baseball is insane

Frobby

12 minutes ago, accinfo said:

If he keeps this up for the rest of the season would you bring him back next season?  Obviously not scoreless streak forever but and ERA around 4 for the rest of the season.  

Couldn't hurt if it's a team friendly one year deal. But realistically, if he keeps it up the most likely scenario is that someone signs him for more than we're willing to pay. 

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

They said on the Postgame show that Harvey was only the fourth pitcher in O’s history to pitch three starts in a row of at least six innings without allowing a run.  I was really surprised that it had happened so few times.   The three pitchers were Jim Palmer, Fernando Valenzuela and Kevin Gausman.  I’d practically forgotten that Valenzuela pitched for the O’s one season.   He had a 4.94 ERA the year he pulled off the feat.   I’m really surprised that none of McNally, Cuellar, Flanagan, McGregor, Stone, Boddicker, Mussina or Bedard ever did this.   

Add Jack Fisher, Tom Phoebus and Milt Pappas (who was traded for your boy ) to the list of hurlers who have 3 straight scoreless starts of 6+.

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

Add Jack Fisher, Tom Phoebus and Milt Pappas (who was traded for your boy ) to the list of hurlers who have 3 straight scoreless starts of 6+.

I guess last night nobody had bothered to check the pre-Palmer era.