Trade Cabrera NOW!!!

BoysofArbutus

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you missed my point. I'd keep Walker now and hope he excels at the closers role and then trade him. I don't care about the games he saves this season, but I think his value could go up drastically if he is a shutdown closer for the last 2 months of this season.

I didnt miss your point I would just rather cash out now when contenders are in need of bullpen help and get the open roster slot so one of the young guys can get experience.

Hopefully there have been Ranger scouts at Norfolk and Bowie and also some watchng DCab tonight. Can anybody confirm or deny their presence?

I think I would rather it be DCab and Ray then DCab, Liz, and Hoey.

I didnt miss your point I would just rather cash out now when contenders are in need of bullpen help and get the open roster slot so one of the young guys can get experience.
Theres plenty of innings for Hoey and Doyne to get some MLB experience. They don't need the closers experience to be able to do it later, just need to get used to the MLB level.

The increased value Walker will have if he closes well will be well worth the risk of him getting hurt or tanking or something.

You wouldn't have to do either...If you offered DCab and Liz, i think the Rnagers take it.

Over Youkilis, Lester and Ellsbury? I think you have to add Hoey to give them that one reliever with upside. That's as much pitching as they've been offered and that's what they need the most.

Over Youkilis, Lester and Ellsbury? I think you have to add Hoey to give them that one reliever with upside. That's as much pitching as they've been offered and that's what they need the most.

Where did Ellsbury's name come from?

No way this trade is on the table.

Boston isn't that stupid.

No to trading DCab. He shows why he has so much potential and even if he's not striking guys out, he shows he can be so unhittable as to nearly pitch a no-hitter. His value is not rising like crazy from one game--you can still see how is stuff is dominant and he's a much better pitcher than he's been so far this year. I realize there's a ton of question marks and he may very well continue to struggle with his control and forget how to strike guys out when he focuses on his control too much and all that, but he's still capable of being a dominant K/GB pitcher. He just needs to take it to the next level. I'd much rather give the DCab experiment another year than trade him for far less than he's worth and watch him pan out somewhere else.

No to trading DCab. He shows why he has so much potential and even if he's not striking guys out, he shows he can be so unhittable as to nearly pitch a no-hitter. His value is not rising like crazy from one game--you can still see how is stuff is dominant and he's a much better pitcher than he's been so far this year. I realize there's a ton of question marks and he may very well continue to struggle with his control and forget how to strike guys out when he focuses on his control too much and all that, but he's still capable of being a dominant K/GB pitcher. He just needs to take it to the next level. I'd much rather give the DCab experiment another year than trade him for far less than he's worth and watch him pan out somewhere else.

Wait a second. When Guthrie puts that many balls in play he is LUCKY to be doing well. Cabrera does it and he is dominate. Someone tell me this isn't right. Someone tell me his BABIP was very lucky tonight.:rolleyes:

This guy is a thrower not a pitcher.....Im tired of his routine..if the Front office can find a team that over values his live arm than get somthin' while there is still some sort of market/demand for him....Bedard/Gutherie/Lowen/Olsen/Penn and i dont look back.....

Wait a second. When Guthrie puts that many balls in play he is LUCKY to be doing well. Cabrera does it and he is dominate. Someone tell me this isn't right. Someone tell me his BABIP was very lucky tonight.:rolleyes:

Game to game basis is different from a full season basis.

Archived