Sunday 4/10 - Organization starting pitchers

Tony-OH

37 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Has kyle Bradish pitched yet? Norfolk Tides opening day had TBD.

Bradish initially stayed behind in Sarasota and wasn't assigned to Norfolk.  Because he was a 40 man guy who couldn't report to camp during the lockout he was behind other guys.

But he pitched a good sim game late in the week in Sarasota, and was said to be heading to the Tides.

So I imagine whenever he's rested from that some game, he will pitch.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

How do you have a TBD this early in the season?

This is the Orioles. They probably just refuse to tell the Aberdeen PR people who put the information in because you know, it's a state's secret to know who will start in A ball three games into the season.

5 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is the Orioles. They probably just refuse to tell the Aberdeen PR people who put the information in because you know, it's a state's secret to know who will start in A ball three games into the season.

Aberdeen has by far the weakest social media presence of our full season teams, they don't even post the lineups on Twitter. Maybe they don't even have a dedicated PR person that would bother inquiring about it.

33 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Aberdeen has by far the weakest social media presence of our full season teams, they don't even post the lineups on Twitter. Maybe they don't even have a dedicated PR person that would bother inquiring about it.

That is true. I'm still wondering if they are going to have an announcer for their MiLB broadcasts this year? Ripken should be embarrassed how his affiliate shows to the fans and the rest of baseball. Their broadcast last year of an announcer-less two camera operations was beyond embarrassing. 

13 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That is true. I'm still wondering if they are going to have an announcer for their MiLB broadcasts this year? Ripken should be embarrassed how his affiliate shows to the fans and the rest of baseball. Their broadcast last year of a announcer-less two camera operations was beyond embarrassing. 

Stuff like this is why I'm not excited about the idea of him being a member of a future ownership group.

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Stuff like this is why I'm not excited about the idea of him being a member of a future ownership group.

I don't want Ripken anywhere near a potential new ownership group. The Ironbirds are run on a shoestring budget just like the Orioles. I went to a game last year and they had everything but two concession stands opened up. No icecream or desserts anywhere. Supposedly because they could not get people to work, but that tells me you aren't paying very much.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't want Ripken anywhere near a potential new ownership group. The Ironbirds are run on a shoestring budget just like the Orioles. I went to a game last year and they had everything but two concession stands opened up. No icecream or desserts anywhere. Supposedly because they could not get people to work, but that tells me you aren't paying very much.

Also the fact they got rid of the crab stand. What’s better than sitting down with a dozen freshly steamed crabs and eat them while watching a game?

• Upvote 1