ESPN's Ravech: Teixeira has "enormous attraction to the Orioles" Close to signing

Tony-OH

So when Tex does sign somewhere....will there be a thread about it? Or will it be buried in one of these threads? haha

There will be 7 threads about it...all started within about 2 minutes of each other and each poster will believe that they were going to be the first one to post it...that's how it works around here. :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shocked is a good word.

Honestly I am rather shocked we are trying this hard also. I always figured this off season would be trading Roberts and Huff. Getting as much prospects as we could and phoning the 09 season in. The fact that they seem very intent on getting Tex probally means they hang on to both Roberts and Huff this season.

I always thought of Tex as a fantasy. Maybe its gonna be reality.

You sound optimistic lately.

I don't know what I am.

I felt for a few years that Tex was ours and that we would sign him...I have been pushing Tex on this board for at least 3 years...then I started to sour on us putting out the money for him a month or so ago.

It seems like all the info from our insiders is starting to become more consistent and that is a good thing.

I would still feel better if Bigbird was hearing something more concrete.

I worry about the Nats in all of this to be honest....I still could see them throwing crazy money and a 3 year opt out clause at him at the last minute.

I feel we will outbid the Sox because Boston will not end up being as desperate and crazy as us and DC.

Neato. How'd you come to be manage to be an O's fan?

I wasn't really into sports back in Jr. High but on a school trip to DC in 1993, I saw a hat at the Potomac Mills Mall that had a bird on it, thought it looked pretty cool. A classmate told me it was the hat of the local baseball team, the Orioles. So I thought it would make a cool souvenir.

When I got back I started following the team through the weekend paper learning some of the players, and have been a fan ever since.

Archived