The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Belkast...the question is, are we still talking and hammering out the little details?

Are other teams still involved?

The longer this drags out, the worse it is for the O's.

I'm guessing that if there is any validity to the 3:00 am report, it's that we have ironed out the framework and it's just a matter of years and dollars at this point. Which is a moving target as the final offers are received.

OK. Got it on the insiders.

This may sound cynical but, here is why I do not have a lot of faith in the O's truly being in on the Tex deal.

Why wouldn't they just, at this point, put there best deal out there and say, "Here it is, let us know when you get passed it so we can move on". I guess I don't understand the game of "chicken" that some of you say we are playing. Unless they really have been told they will have the final offer after everyone else has bid.

BUT...

If there bid is only 7 years and everyone else is confirmed at 8, they are out. But they say they are not. So this is what keeps me thinking that the media is wrong.

If I could hit .330, I swear, I would play for the O's. If Tex goes somewhere else and we find out the deals were comparable, then you have to question his true feelings. He would be a fairweather fan. Like half the sox fans at OPACY. Half of whom have never been north of Philly.

I denote a subtle change in tone. ;)

I really hope people don't come at you if this doesn't happen. You do a great job keeping this stuff positive and in perspective IMO.

Oh.....They will. I'm a big boy. I can handle it. Everybody needs to just realize I am passing along information. I've been wrong before and I am sure I'll be wrong again. I am just a proud member of the board here. This board and this site is a tremendous place with or without the insider stuff!

Whatever the outcome, if this ends today there will be enormous quanties of alcohol consumed tonight by baseball fans in numerous cities.

Even if it doesn't end today, there will be massive amounts of alcohol consumed by baseball fans across America. :new_beer:

No, It will end real soon. The Orioles are not out of it. I am still very optimisitc.:D:D:D

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/4EILLekn7EhABk4Wd6yEjg"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/4EILLekn7EhABk4Wd6yEjg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

OK. Got it on the insiders.

This may sound cynical but, here is why I do not have a lot of faith in the O's truly being in on the Tex deal.

Why wouldn't they just, at this point, put there best deal out there and say, "Here it is, let us know when you get passed it so we can move on". I guess I don't understand the game of "chicken" that some of you say we are playing. Unless they really have been told they will have the final offer after everyone else has bid.

BUT...

If there bid is only 7 years and everyone else is confirmed at 8, they are out. But they say they are not. So this is what keeps me thinking that the media is wrong.

If I could hit .330, I swear, I would play for the O's. If Tex goes somewhere else and we find out the deals were comparable, then you have to question his true feelings. He would be a fairweather fan. Like half the sox fans at OPACY. Half of whom have never been north of Philly.

He's back!

Seriously, you should change your username to 1938 Berlin.

So let me see if I got this straight.

The talking heads at ESPN have been reporting the last week and a half or so, that the O's have a 7/$140 mil offer on the table ( which was originally reported it was 7/$150 ) and the Red Sux, Angels, and Nats were at 8/$160. We've heard no reports of any of those team upping their offers either, and as of just 24 hours ago the O's were seen as serious contenders to land Teixeira. So, what changed? Olney didn't report any changes in offers. Nothing appears to have changed, yet now we're out of it. Am I missing something?

Did I miss something in the last 50 pages or whatever? We've heard from our insiders the "wow" offer is now on the table. I find it hard to believe that there's such an offer on the table without Boras leaking it. So, I've come to the conclusion that the O's did in fact make a token offer of 7/$140, hoping, but knowing that wouldn't get it done, and once again can say we tried but got outspent by the big boys.

If that's the case, the Orioles better damn sure hope the Nationals don't get him. It be hard to explain to an already dead fan base that we can't even spend with the Nationals. Call me jumping to conclusions, but I see another summer of looking forward to football season by July.

There is a Cubs fan on the Yahoo Baltimore Orioles thread who swears that AM does this up and down. Always leak they are interested in the big name free agent, only to lose out in the end. Saying it is AM's MO.

Now that's the first time I've had a sinking feeling about this... obviously it's just one anonymous fan- but yikes, do Cubs fans really feel that way? If so, I might have to google past Cubs free agent attempts history.

ON SECOND THOUGHT- I take that back... Peter Angelos has let it be known he wants Tex- and I wouldn't be surprised if he is handling more of the negotiations at this point. Any OTHER free agent and Imight believe that though...

Oh.....They will. I'm a big boy. I can handle it. Everybody needs to just realize I am passing along information. I've been wrong before and I am sure I'll be wrong again. I am just a proud member of the board here. This board and this site is a tremendous place with or without the insider stuff!

Oh man, this is really a change in tone, and there isn't really anything subtle about it. Now I'm depressed.

I think the "bag it" comment is what will turn people off if it doesn't happen.

(not saying it should but that will be the one IMO)

I love you Belky... you know that... but these types of statements are starting to encourage me less each time you post them.

How about you post them in different colors, or maybe a language other than English? ;)

הכל בסדר

Which is Hebrew for "everything's ok"

Don't panic!

:D

Archived