The Teixeira Watch: Part IV

baltimorebirds

I know that to some this is not news but he just updated an article on ESPN.com as of 12/17 at 9:53 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3775042

He says that he does not believe we have upped our initial initial while the Nats, Angels, and Sox have offers that are for more money than ours.

He says the only way now that Tex signs with the Orioles is if he will take a hometown discount.

-------------------

I appreciate that Tex is intrigued by playing in Baltimore, but how can we expect him to sign with the LOSING hometown AND take a hometown discount?!?!

I hope Olney is wrong and the insider(s) on the OH are correct. Time will tell I guess.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post here for all Teixeira related questions and/or commentary.

FWIW... 'bigbird' reported the following at 8:49am today...

Just got a call from my guy, he does not think a deal is close, at least there's no talk of it. Boston may have the best offer on the table. Everyting is tight lipped which may be a good thing.

Olney reported at 10:19am this morning that we have fallen behind...

If the O's didn't up their initial offer and still thought they had a chance to sign him then they are delusional. I really hope this is not the case, because if it is I will lose whatever little faith I have left in this team. Not because we didn't sign him, but just because we were so out of touch with reality.

What I don't understand is why so many reporters are leaving the O's out of their reports. There must be either no news or bad news (for us) coming from the Warehouse/insiders that supply to ESPN and the like. For them to not even mention the O's in a Teixeira report is puzzling.

Hopefully it all works out in the end in the O's favor and we just did a very good job at closing leaks in the warehouse.

Maybe this was their gameplan all along in preparing to deal with Boras and how he works the price up team-to-team?

I know that to some this is not news but he just updated an article on ESPN.com as of 12/17 at 9:53 AM

He says that he does not believe we have upped our initial initial while the Nats, Angels, and Sox have offers that are for more money than ours.

He says the only way now that Tex signs with the Orioles is if he will take a hometown discount.

-------------------

I appreciate that Tex is intrigued by playing in Baltimore, but how can we expect him to sign with the LOSING hometown AND take a hometown discount?!?!

I hope Olney is wrong and the insider(s) on the OH are correct. Time will tell I guess.

What else is new. Everybody ofeers an amount, we offer less and expect him to take a home town discount. Like it;s such a joy to play here.

What a disgrace.

What I don't understand is why so many reporters are leaving the O's out of their reports. There must be either no news or bad news (for us) coming from the Warehouse/insiders that supply to ESPN and the like. For them to not even mention the O's in a Teixeira report is puzzling.

Hopefully it all works out in the end in the O's favor and we just did a very good job at closing leaks in the warehouse.

Maybe this was their gameplan all along in preparing to deal with Boras and how he works the price up team-to-team?

On the bright side, we're not being left out anymore.

The latest Buster Olney report doesn't jive with anything our insiders have said. We have yet to see the media report the O's "wow" offer. So with that said, I'm having a hard time believing what I'm hearing from the media. And remember, the national media just yesterday picked up on the O's importance in the Tex discussion.

If the O's are going to be able to sign Tex, their offers need to come under the radar. Having the negotiations reported to Roch, Gammons, Rosenthal, Olney, et al. is not going to help AM and PA's cause. Just look at the tactics that Boston is taking. We haven't heard or see an official offer from them.

On the bright side, we're not being left out anymore.

Right, but for this to be the report -- that we are requiring a home town discount, it seems a bit late to me. What has been going on in negotiations since the winter meetings? Have we just been sticking to our guns? I don't believe it.

The offer must have gone up at some point.

Could be that we're not getting him. This whole thing kind of reminds me of when I was back in elementary school and kids would start talking about the possibility of it snowing and us getting out of school. It would start as a rumor then become fact...even though the weathermen were saying it wouldn't snow we were all set for that day off from school. Then it didn't snow just like the weathermen said and we were all bummed out.

Archived