The Tigers series

Just Regular

On 5/12/2022 at 7:51 PM, Frobby said:

One thing I’ve learned in my 55 years as a fan is to never prejudge how a series or a game will go, regardless of whether your team is the supposed favorite or underdog or who’s been hot or cold.   

As I was saying….

Ugh.

What a kick in the balls that series was.  

I couldn't resist grilling Froberto Duran earlier, but he was correct all along.  You can't predict this stuff, it's a fool's errand to do so.  With all the gambling commercials on between innings, I have to believe that anyone who'd think to gamble on an Orioles/Tigers matchup in mid-May probably has a serious gambling issue and should call one of those numbers they have listed at the end.

But that's the problem with this offense like it's always been for the past few years, it's pretty much boom or bust.  Not a lot of OBP skills, not a lot of plate discipline, prone to scoring runs in bunches and then getting shutout for 18 innings.   It shouldn't be a surprise.  

On 5/13/2022 at 10:55 AM, Yardball85 said:

Knowing the Orioles and the past 22 years, this is the kind of series we come into confidently, and wind up getting swept in.  Hope I'm wrong. 

Well, this turned out to be correct. 

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

With all the gambling commercials on between innings, I have to believe that anyone who'd think to gamble on an Orioles/Tigers matchup in mid-May probably has a serious gambling issue and should call one of those numbers they have listed at the end.

I hate those commercials.   I’m not a big fan of sports gambling in the first place, and that woman they feature in the ads looks like some kind of crazed lunatic.  

2 hours ago, Beysbol said:

Well, this turned out to be correct. 

I take no joy in that.  But it's just the trials and tribulations of rooting for this team for so long.  Knowing the Orioles though, they'll pull us back in by winning 3 of 4 against the Yankees.

You Can't Predict Baseball is a thing for a reason, and some of what makes following the game so enjoyable.

Minus Mountcastle and Hays chances of runs against these opponents after the weekend's results vs. Tigers and their eight pitchers on the DL look pretty slim.   

Perhaps a week for the few good hitters and pitchers to focus on controlling what they control and being as impervious to the rest of the roster around them as they can.   It'll be natural to press, which I feel would be more likely to snowball things.