Saturday afternoon: Zimmerman takes on the Tigers

SteveA

9 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Once again we have 2 good players out and Adley is up soon. You don’t think 3 players make a big difference in entertainment value? That’s significant. And yes, we will still have holes after that. 

We have no idea how Rutschman will hit at first. He has needed to adjust to eah level so I expect him to have an adjustment period in the majors as well. Saying that, he could hit with one arm behind his back better than the Chironos/Benboom disaster at the plate. Mountcastle is OPSing barely over .700 and his just three home runs and an awful BB-K rate. Hays has been doing well, but he's not really a game changing player, more of a solid guy. 

29 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Am I the only one who starts to get annoyed at Brown and McDoanld just foaming over certain pitches when the Orioles are once again sucking????

I don't need them to be down in teh dumps, but you know what, I don't care if that pitch "hurt his feelings" or is "Wiffle ball" or any of the other five repeated cliches McDoanld uses. 

The pregame show this week before the Spenser Watkins start when Melanie Newman was trying to explain he was better because of confidence was pretty good too.

Some of the gift of when Adley-Grayson-DL get on the field, whenever it is, will be get to hear Palmer and McDonald's tone.   If Cal loved the Orioles like they do, he'd be making himself Gunnar Henderson's siamese twin next spring as a guest instructor but pretty sure that ain't happening.   Non-zero chance that even were he inclined Elias would forbid.

30 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Still a couple of unchecked spaces on my Frustrating Stereotypical Orioles Loss bingo card.

I'm going to go with "pointless non-game tying 9th inning run(s) scored."  Really twists the knife in good.

We really haven't had The Sting of Losing Winnable Games that I recall this year, thanks to that excellent bullpen work.

16 hours ago, Just Regular said:

The pregame show this week before the Spenser Watkins start when Melanie Newman was trying to explain he was better because of confidence was pretty good too.

Some of the gift of when Adley-Grayson-DL get on the field, whenever it is, will be get to hear Palmer and McDonald's tone.   If Cal loved the Orioles like they do, he'd be making himself Gunnar Henderson's siamese twin next spring as a guest instructor but pretty sure that ain't happening.   Non-zero chance that even were he inclined Elias would forbid.

I dont think Elias' system cares about proeffssional experience. I think they think that's all old school and worthless and that its better to have young guys who never played at high levels preach analytics. Not saying analytics are bad, but I do believe there is a place for guys who have been there done that on minor league coaching and major league staffs.