Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does seem like this should be over before Wednesday.

So, when do the Orioles really jump into this thing?

The hope is the dialogue is constant with Boras and Tex and that we have an offer out there to them.

I worry that we sit around too long in all of this.

Part of me can't see Tex signing anywhere but here...But another part of me says getting him is just such a big thing that I don't see us finishing the job.

It does seem like this should be over before Wednesday.

So, when do the Orioles really jump into this thing?

The hope is the dialogue is constant with Boras and Tex and that we have an offer out there to them.

I worry that we sit around too long in all of this.

Part of me can't see Tex signing anywhere but here...But another part of me says getting him is just such a big thing that I don't see us finishing the job.

Yea I agree big time. I've been so obsessed that I really can't think of him elsewhere. Really hope we get this done

...if the O's end up signing Teixeira? Since Gammons (and Olney) hardly mentions us as a viable suitor, it would be interesting to see his reaction if we succeed in signing him. He'd probably still mention Boston more than Baltimore. Maybe something like:

Source: Boston just misses on Teixeira

A source close to the ongoing Teixeira talks says that a team south of the Mason-Dixon line has reached an agreement with the switch-hitting slugger. Boston has long been considered the favorite to sign Teixeira based on their offer of $160-184million over 8 years. It's hard to imagine why Teixeira would choose to play for a team other than Boston, since the Red Sox have won two World Series Championships in the last four years. Despite the first baseman's decision to play for a "for the birds" team, I still consider the Red Sox to be the front-runners in this derby.

...if the O's end up signing Teixeira? Since Gammons (and Olney) hardly mentions us as a viable suitor, it would be interesting to see his reaction if we succeed in signing him. He'd probably still mention Boston more than Baltimore. Maybe something like:

A source close to the ongoing Teixeira talks says that a team south of the Mason-Dixon line has reached an agreement with the switch-hitting slugger. Boston has long been considered the favorite to sign Teixeira based on their offer of $160-184million over 8 years. It's hard to imagine why Teixeira would choose to play for a team other than Boston, since the Red Sox have won two World Series Championships in the last four years. Despite the first baseman's decision to play for a "for the birds" team, I still consider the Red Sox to be the front-runners in this derby.

It's really pretty simple. If Boston signs Tex it will be a great move which solidifies the middle of the lineup and provides a long term replacement for Ramirez, but with a man of great character who the fans of Boston will love.

If he signs with Baltimore it's another in a long line of misguided personnel moves that clearly illustrate that Peter Angelos is still very much active in the front office. While Baltimore gets a model citizen and a great ballplayer, they have far too many problems. (then they'll insert a joke about Tex not being a good pitcher).

I won't forget how they covered this process, and just how wildly biased they are. And a little uninformed. If they knew the wave of starting pitching that was a year away from the Majors at most, they'd see why the O's are very well positioned for a great 3-4 year run. Gammons in particular shocks me with his blatantly ignorant treatment of Baltimore.

Do you have a link for the source information. Man, I hope it's not the Nats and it is the O's.:)

I get jokes.

So last night I was at a bar here in the city, and Dan Patrick came to meet a friend of a friend of a friend. Here are a few items I can confirm:

1) Dan Patrick does not like Charlie Steiner

2) No one in Bristol had an affair with Mrs. Met

3) Dan Patrick does not like doing two Irish Car Bombs in ten minutes

4) I informed Dan Patrick that I had some insider information for him, that Tex would be signing with the Orioles and would shock the world. He seemed to think about it for a second, wondering if I was in fact a credible source. (I obviously have no idea, but I do have hope)

5) He didn't seem as knowledgable about sports as one would expect

I kinda held back in posting on this site this before but, I think it needs to be said. After last night and last Sunday night, plain and simple, this is a Ravens town. The NFL is king and the O's have done everything wrong to play into that.

Don't get me wrong, my first love WAS always baseball. And I'd probably prefer playoff baseball over anything. But, I ref football, I played football, I live for football.

Yeah, there can be two loved teams in this town. They CAN share the spotlight. However, this week was the perfect example. The O's were an afterthought (to the National media) in chasing the 'next Cal'. The Ravens lost, and painfully. Then they came back with a huge win.

Now the locals have somewhat forgotten the black-and-orange. Orioles who?

PGA needs to get this done. He's lost too much of this town.

Archived