Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

I kinda held back in posting on this site this before but' date=' I think it needs to be said. After last night and last Sunday night, plain and simple, this is a Ravens town. The NFL is king and the O's have done everything wrong to play into that.

Don't get me wrong, my first love WAS always baseball. And I'd probably prefer playoff baseball over anything. But, I ref football, I played football, I live for football.

Yeah, there can be two loved teams in this town. They CAN share the spotlight. However, this week was the perfect example. The O's were an afterthought (to the National media) in chasing the 'next Cal'. The Ravens lost, and painfully. Then they came back with a huge win.

Now the locals have somewhat forgotten the black-and-orange. Orioles who?

PGA needs to get this done. He's lost too much of this town.[/quote']

Excellent post. Rep is coming your way. You should post here more often.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kinda held back in posting on this site this before but' date=' I think it needs to be said. After last night and last Sunday night, plain and simple, this is a Ravens town. The NFL is king and the O's have done everything wrong to play into that.

Don't get me wrong, my first love WAS always baseball. And I'd probably prefer playoff baseball over anything. But, I ref football, I played football, I live for football.

Yeah, there can be two loved teams in this town. They CAN share the spotlight. However, this week was the perfect example. The O's were an afterthought (to the National media) in chasing the 'next Cal'. The Ravens lost, and painfully. Then they came back with a huge win.

Now the locals have somewhat forgotten the black-and-orange. Orioles who?

PGA needs to get this done. He's lost too much of this town.[/quote']

I agree, missing out on Tex is going to crush a lot of the O's fans' spirits who have continually stuck by this team despite 11 straight losing seasons... I, for one, could be one of them... but I will still love 'em

Excellent post. Rep is coming your way. You should post here more often.

Thanks. I just realized that I was on this board nonstop over this past week. And not because of the potential for news. Not because of my love for the O's. It was because I had to do something to forget about the Ravens loss.

Now, I could care less about Tex and the O's. Really.

I don't care how much money it takes. In the back of my mind, I always thought we shouldn't overdo it for Tex. Not. Any. More.

Make the O's relevant. Spend a boatload. Sorry, that's just my opinion. But, like most of you on here, you & I remember the O's being something special... Key word, remember.

Thanks. I just realized that I was on this board nonstop over this past week. And not because of the potential for news. Not because of my love for the O's. It was because I had to do something to forget about the Ravens loss.

Now' date=' I could care less about Tex and the O's. Really.

I don't care how much money it takes. In the back of my mind, I always thought we shouldn't overdo it for Tex. Not. Any. More.

Make the O's relevant. Spend a boatload. Sorry, that's just my opinion. But, like most of you on here, you & I remember the O's being something special... Key word, remember.[/quote']

Honestly, I don't see the downside to signing Teixeira and I don't understand why the O's aren't seemingly more active in this process! Get. It. Done.

Now' date=' I could care less about Tex and the O's. Really.

Make the O's relevant. Spend a boatload. Sorry, that's just my opinion. But, like most of you on here, you & I remember the O's being something special... Key word, remember.[/quote']

If the O's start winning, you'll see this town a lot differently.

I mean, for the love of god, this site has had a couple MILLION views in the past 10 days over this Teixeira stuff.

That's MILLION.

How about "The TeX Files"

With all of the mystery surrounding this deal, I think it fits rather nicely :)

Actually, I think we all would like to see this over BEFORE we reach thread X. We have hashed and re-hashed all salient points. Dare I say it? Could we be about blogged out on this subject?

Archived