Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Well, there is guarantee of an opt out...Tex could get hurt...He could struggle some...Or, he could just not be in a market where he can get more money.

So... what is your choice (assuming all choices include an opt out after 4 years)... more years or higher $$/yr?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm getting very excited about all this.

I think Boras was just trying to use everyone else to drive up the price the O's have to pay Tex.

Think about it. Peter is not smart, but he knows what Tex would mean. He probably also heard somewhere along the line it was Tex's goal to play for the O's, it's right in his hometown, and no one wnats to be a Gnat. We put the "lowest" offer out there (which is still better than the Nats) because we're confident he definitely wants to play here.

Say what now?

Angelos is a lot of things and has been called mostly every name in the book, but c'mon.

Thanks.

Why? What is going on besides the Angels?

People have brought up other poster's posts about the possibility of hearing this thing end tonight or tomorrow.

There have been talks about the SOSH board and how they feel about Tex.

There is a mutual feeling this thing is done by Tuesday.

So it's pretty much in the air for now.

I want to throw this out there to you all and I want to ask if it carries any weight.

IMO, I think that the Ravens big victory last night adds even more pressure to Peter Angelos, O's brass to make Mark Teixeira an Oriole. Once again, the Ravens are dominating the local sports scene and headlines.

As a business man, and a guy who wants to make $$$, I'm assuming that PA knows that he now has even more pressure to make this deal happen.

If he bombs this one, the Orioles will be even more of an after-thought in this city.

I want to throw this out there to you all and I want to ask if it carries any weight.

IMO, I think that the Ravens big victory last night adds even more pressure to Peter Angelos, O's brass to make Mark Teixeira an Oriole. Once again, the Ravens are dominating the local sports scene and headlines.

As a business man, and a guy who wants to make $$$, I'm assuming that PA knows that he now has even more pressure to make this deal happen.

If he bombs this one, the Orioles will be even more of an after-thought in this city.

I wonder if the PR guys with the O's ever peruse these types of boards to gauge the fans' reactions/thoughts on issues such as this one. Am I being naive to think that they actually care what we think?

People have brought up other poster's posts about the possibility of hearing this thing end tonight or tomorrow.

There have been talks about the SOSH board and how they feel about Tex.

There is a mutual feeling this thing is done by Tuesday.

So it's pretty much in the air for now.

Any Insiders post from OH or SOSH?

Maybe, but IMO all PA is Really concerned about (as far as the sports headlines go) is to dominate the baseball market and not allow the Nats to have any of his spotlight.

As a side note, I'd like to say that I have put off finishing my Christmas shopping multiple times just so I could sit here and F5 this and the numerous other Tex threads over the past few weeks. Now this O's fan will be out on December 22nd finishing up, and while I'm out I'm sure SOMETHING will happen! Ha-ha. Thanks Tex! Sheesh! ;)

As a side note, I'd like to say that I have put off finishing my Christmas shopping multiple times just so I could sit here and F5 this and the numerous other Tex threads over the past few weeks. Now this O's fan will be out on December 22nd finishing up, and while I'm out I'm sure SOMETHING will happen! Ha-ha. Thanks Tex! Sheesh! ;)

I agree, I think for Christmas the OH should buy everyone (at least the Plus members) a new F5 key and send it in the mail to them. I think they may ask Belkast to help with the cause because the more :D:D:D :clap3::clap3::clap3: I see the faster I push the button.:laughlol:

Archived