Pettitte Rejects Yankees' Offer

O's are Legends

Andy rejects 10 million offer from the Yankees as he wants 16 million again

I guess 10 million isn't good enough for a pitcher who went 14-14 with a 4.54 era; don't forget the fact that the Yankees also stood by his side during the steroid mess

On one side I understand him wanting 2008 money after seeing money being dumped on CC and AJ, but I feel 10 million for his services is a fair deal for both sides, maybe his agent is stating the fact that Carlos Silva is in the second year of a four-year, $48 million contract and went 4-15 with a 6.46 era last year, how are does deals working out Seattle:rofl:

I guess 10 million isn't good enough for a pitcher who went 14-14 with a 4.54 era; don't forget the fact that the Yankees also stood by his side during the steroid mess

On one side I understand him wanting 2008 money after seeing money being dumped on CC and AJ' date=' but I feel 10 million for his services is a fair deal for both sides, maybe his agent is stating the fact that Carlos Silva is in the second year of a four-year, $48 million contract and went 4-15 with a 6.46 era last year, how are does deals working out Seattle:rofl:[/quote']

I'd tell Andy to pound sand if I were the Yanks. They certainly can use him, but 10 million seems pretty fair with his numbers from last year.

I'd tell Andy to pound sand if I were the Yanks. They certainly can use him, but 10 million seems pretty fair with his numbers from last year.

He's a league average pitcher and 10 million is a lot for a league average pitcher. However a league average pitcher is about a #3 starter and on the Yankees he'd be #5. So you are paying a premium to have one of the best #5 pitchers in baseball.

He's not worth the money to the O's, but it would be nice to have a veteran, accomplished pitcher around the youngsters, and he's a lefty.

On one side I understand him wanting 2008 money after seeing money being dumped on CC and AJ' date=' but I feel 10 million for his services is a fair deal for both sides, maybe his agent is stating the fact that Carlos Silva is in the second year of a four-year, $48 million contract and went 4-15 with a 6.46 era last year, [b']how are does deals working out Seattle[/b]:rofl:

What does this mean? This is a serious question too.

So the Yankee$--who have been throwing cash around the free agent landscape like they were printing it in the basement--are going to play hardball with Andy Pettitte over $6mm for one year? Really?

That's like me getting hacked off at El for coming up $20 short on a $200 joint purchase. It's freakin' pocket change for these people! Something wrong with this "beloved Yankee icon" we don't know about?

Archived