Any interest in Trevor Bauer if he's released?

OrioleLochRaven

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Really? There are rules about what 2 consenting adults will do behind closed doors?  

There are a lot of f’ed up people out there that are into some weird freaky stuff. You are saying some of that is illegal even if they want it?

Eleven states' statutes purport to ban all forms of sodomy, some including oral intercourse, regardless of the participants' genders: Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma and South Carolina.

From Wiki.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That just isn't true in a lot of municipalities.

Some case law in the past 20 years has removed some of the more ancient laws from the books, making them unconstitutional. I do not know the Bauer case, intimately, but from what I know, if there was consent from adults involved, not a crime. 

6 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Frobby and I (and I'm sure others on here) are legal experts though 😉 - at least, our employers seem to think so. 

Shark infested waters! Seriously though, I don't think legality really factors into this question. It's all about the public perception and whether or not it's worth the risk. I also don't think any of us know exactly what type of pitcher Bauer will be post substance crackdown. That's another point that I think often gets overlooked in this conversation. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Whether it's fair or not, he's guilty in the court of public opinion and that counts for a lot when you have paying customers and advertisers.

I dont disagree there although I don’t think there would be much, if any, impact for the Orioles. 

The crowds aren’t great to begin with and the media in Baltimore is weak in terms of how much they go after the team.  

Just now, Jammer7 said:

Some case law in the past 20 years has removed some of the more ancient laws from the books, making them unconstitutional. I do not know the Bauer case, intimately, but from what I know, if there was consent from adults involved, not a crime. 

Until the laws are struck down they are still the laws.

I remember in Germany one of the cooks got demoted from E-5 to E-4 for sodomy, his wife turned him in.

They sent him to my HHB to cut down on the drama.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

From Wiki.

Lol.  Well that’s really dumb and nothing anyone cares about or abides by.

Its also illegal to go over the speed limit too.  

There are a lot obscure laws that are never enforced or don’t matter.

End of the day, I’m guessing Bauer did nothing wrong. He took things to a point where the girls wanted him to take it And then they decided to try and extort some money from him. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What if he is actually innocent though?

There is no crime for 2 consenting adults to have weird fetishes.

An absolutely irrelevant point to the question at hand. This isn't and shouldn't be a thread about Trevor Bauer's innocence, it should be a thread about whether or not the team should sign him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, HakunaSakata said:

An absolutely irrelevant point to the question at hand. This isn't and shouldn't be a thread about Trevor Bauer's innocence, it should be a thread about whether or not the team should sign him. 

Of course there should be. If he’s innocent, then you shouldn’t worry about signing him.  It all goes together.

If he beat and raped those women, he should be in jail for the rest of his life or better yet, dead.

If what happened was between 2 consenting adults, he did nothing wrong.  We may think it’s disgusting and F’ed up but you see a lot of weird stuff and how people choose to get off is none of our business.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Lol.  Well that’s really dumb and nothing anyone cares about or abides by.

Its also illegal to go over the speed limit too.  

There are a lot obscure laws that are never enforced or don’t matter.

End of the day, I’m guessing Bauer did nothing wrong. He took things to a point where the girls wanted him to take it And then they decided to try and extort some money from him. 

Ahh Classic Sports Guy.

Here is evidence showing that your prior statement is factually incorrect.

SG- That's dumb.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, HakunaSakata said:

Right.  No one knows the answer to the one question.   I know the answer to the second one.   He's not worth the headache.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ahh Classic Sports Guy.

Here is evidence showing that your prior statement is factually incorrect.

SG- That's dumb.

FFS.  

I didn’t deny your “research”. Just saying it’s dumb.  Of course, I know you think you are Mr Morality (which is a crock of sh!t), so you don’t do anything that Wikipedia says is illegal.

Edited by Sports Guy

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Of course there should be. If he’s innocent, then you shouldn’t worry about signing him.  It all goes together.

If he beat and raped those women, he should be in jail for the rest of his life or better yet, dead.

If what happened was between 2 consenting adults, he did nothing wrong.  We may think it’s disgusting and F’ed up but you see a lot of weird stuff and how people choose to get off is none of our business.

Once again, you're wrong. It's about the public perception of the incidents and potentially signing him and that has  absolutely nothing to do with legality. 

• Upvote 1