Orioles finalize 26-man roster for opening day

Tony-OH

19 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I know this is being talked about elsewhere, but it's easier for people to find in its own thread for people coming in looking for news.

https://www.mlb.com/news/orioles-2023-opening-day-roster?partnerID=mlbapp-iOS_article-share

No huge surprises though Gillaspie over Krehbiel was a minor one. I think we'll see both up and own this year.

Yes, we’ll see a lot of up-and-down in the bullpen I’m sure.  We used like 27 pitchers in relief last year.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That bullpen is giving me the heebie jeebies.  

Losing Givens and Tate initially is certainly not helpful for sure. I did not look like a strength right now unless Baumann suddenly takes a big step forward and can take some of those high leverage situations. Right now it looks like Perez and Baker are going to get those setup high leverage situations before handing it off to Bautista (hopefully still a save situation).

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Losing Givens and Tate initially is certainly not helpful for sure. I did not look like a strength right now unless Baumann suddenly takes a big step forward and can take some of those high leverage situations. Right now it looks like Perez and Baker are going to get those setup high leverage situations before handing it off to Bautista (hopefully still a save situation).

Correct.  I think there's the potential for a sharp drop-off between some of the higher leverage guys and the question marks.  

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That bullpen is giving me the heebie jeebies.  

Akin feels like way too critical a piece for my comfort. I think the pen is going to kind of live or die with him early on. If he's not reliably eating a couple innings every few games, things are going to get real  dicey. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1