Rob Dibble replaces Don Sutton on Nats/MASN

jeffstonefan

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/mediumwell/blog/2009/01/rob_dibble_joins_masns_nationa.html

I enjoyed Sutton and Palmer together during the O's/Nats series, I guess we can look forward to a Buck/Rob pairing this season. :eek:

I don't know why, but I kinda like Dibble. He was cool on Pros v. Joes.

I, on the other hand, am not cool for watching Pros v. Joes.

Oh my god. I'm honestly sorry I hadn't seen this thread.

This is now just one of many reasons to laugh at the Nationals.

If you aren't familiar with Rob Dibble, please read this: http://www.firejoemorgan.com/2005/08/dibs-for-us-senate.html.

So he's not a great writer. He is expressing a viewpoint, albeit poorly, that many people share: that Congress had no business getting involved in baseball/steroids and has many more important issues to deal with which are more pertinent to the responsibilities of the US government.

That doesn't mean that he'll be a terrible color man on a braodcast that is watched by a whopping 9000 people per game.

I'm sorry, whenever someone posts a link to firejobmorgan.com, I get turned off by their snarky attitude, even if I often agree with the substance of their criticism. The easist thing in the world is to be a critic, and that web site comes across with such a "we're smarter than everyone else" attitude that I'm turned off by the time I've read two or three of their paragraphs (and for a site that is based on critiquing bad writing, do you really think that "good writing" includes lots of all-caps statements of pretend outrage laced with words that can't be printed on this particular site?)

In all seriousness, if I were to make a list of the 10 people I'd least like to have on a telecast of a baseball game Rob Dibble's name would be on it. Along with whoever does White Sox games, The ShamWow guy, and Dick Vitale.

Don Sutton seemed like a decent guy, kind of meshed well with Palmer last year on those games where they combined broadcast teams. Dibble is proud of the fact that most of his decisions and opinions are based solely on a near fatal overdose of testosterone.

In all seriousness, if I were to make a list of the 10 people I'd least like to have on a telecast of a baseball game Rob Dibble's name would be on it. Along with whoever does White Sox games, The ShamWow guy, and Dick Vitale.

Don Sutton seemed like a decent guy, kind of meshed well with Palmer last year on those games where they combined broadcast teams. Dibble is proud of the fact that most of his decisions and opinions are based solely on a near fatal overdose of testosterone.

I watched a quite a few Nats games last year, and attended ~ 12 or so since I live in Chevy Chase and it was so much easier to get to than Camden. I have to say I think Sutton was an excellent announcer. Subtle, not overly chatty, and always on point when to pitching, particularly setting up hitters. Replacing him with Dibble (who has long been an idiot on espn radio IMO) is a massive downgrade.

Ever since I heard Dibble when he hosted an ESPN or Fox sports talk show talk about how Babe Ruth is nowhere near the greatest player in baseball history - and only old fools think differently, I cringe whenever I hear his voice. Sutton was great doing Braves games, and it was magic when he and Palmer did the O's/Nats series.

Archived