KC is starting a really good pitcher today.

Baltimorecuse

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Of the four players referenced, Hicks and O’Hearn are doing significantly better than expected.   Frazier is pretty much exactly where I’d have expected, slightly below is career average at an age where most players have declined a little.  Only McCann has disappointed me among the group mentioned by @Hank Scorpio.

Right, he chose to reference four players as "catching lightning in a bottle" and only two of the four are performing better than would be expected (in a smaller sample size).

I don't think there is any special sauce that's being applied.  (I'm guessing special sauce of a euphemism for PEDS right?)

41 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I guess what I’m saying is with all of these names consistently in the lineup, they are continuing to win.

Individually they are demonstrably bad, yet the collective results are 40-24. It’s fascinating.

I do hear what you’re saying, but not everyone can be a star. We’ve got arguably the most shut down back end bullpen in the game, most of the starting lineup has an OPS+ over 100, we’ve got plus defenders all over the place. The only real weakness is the starting pitching.

Edited by oriole
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, interloper said:

It's a day game after a late afternoon game. Why do people think Adley should be in the lineup? The guy looks absolutely gassed, hasn't hit for power in forever. Series is already won. We need to be resting him more than we are IMO.

Tomorrow is an off day. Everyone can rest then.

Just now, interloper said:

No. Get this man 2 days off. He needs it. Watch the games. He's not right out there and you're playing with fire by burning him out before the AS break.

Just curious, how many days for the season do you think he should catch, how many should he DH and how many sit totally?

3 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Just curious, how many days for the season do you think he should catch, how many should he DH and how many sit totally?

I dunno. I just know there's no reason he should be in today's lineup and I'm glad he's not because he looks gassed. He's been running out infield hits like an animal for a week now. That's unsustainable and he's going to get hurt. Use the eye test.

40 minutes ago, interloper said:

I dunno. I just know there's no reason he should be in today's lineup and I'm glad he's not because he looks gassed. He's been running out infield hits like an animal for a week now. That's unsustainable and he's going to get hurt. Use the eye test.

Think about and let me know if come up with a number. Or would you just use the eye test all season?

1 hour ago, interloper said:

It's a day game after a late afternoon game. Why do people think Adley should be in the lineup? The guy looks absolutely gassed, hasn't hit for power in forever. Series is already won. We need to be resting him more than we are IMO.

Why is McCann DHing so frequently?

If Hyde wants McCann in the lineup so badly, he should be catching with Adley DH.  I really don’t understand Hyde’s thought process there. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Why is McCann DHing so frequently?

If Hyde wants McCann in the lineup so badly, he should be catching with Adley DH.  I really don’t understand Hyde’s thought process there. 

My guess is that since he is a well respected vet they told him that his role would be more substantial than simply back up catcher when they traded for him and they are honoring their word.