Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I'm pretty sure the dictat is they all must be wearing team clothing ON camera.

Ok. I read the “only” the wrong way. 

I did notice the broadcasters recently wearing team gear. Melanie had some jacket on recently. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t understand the team apparel thing? 

It two fold.

1) Show your Os pride! You work for us, we own you and we tell you what to do.

2) Get people to like the shirts, so they go buy them and it’s further revenue for you.

With JA it’s always 2 things:

1) Money

2) Power

There is nothing else for him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

There have been a few pro Peter Angelo's posters.  I've never seen a pro John Angelo's poster.  

I have defended Peter in the past, simply from the charge of being evil incarnate, for keeping the city public pools open in the summer.

But there's no defense of his stewardship of the O's.

Did anyone else notice that hideous white O’s jacket that Newman was wearing last week in Toronto? She was probably wearing it out of protest for this stupid rule. Like when my wife nags me for leaving my dirty clothes on the floor and I respond by throwing away any article of clothing of her’s that’s not in its proper place anywhere around the house. 

7 minutes ago, Pickles said:

If we could round up three female employees who would claim they didn't like the way some fellow employee looked at them, no doubt we could get the National Media to start a moral panic and force the sale.

Anybody have any contacts?

Thing is a woman can wear a polo shirt but they don’t fit the same. I’m sure the guys are fine wearing them, especially  in the summer. 

Edited by eddie83

Just now, jcaponio said:

Did anyone else notice that hideous white O’s jacket that Newman was wearing last week in Toronto? She was probably wearing it out of protest for this stupid rule. Like when my wife nags me for leaving my dirty clothes on the floor and I respond by throwing away any article of clothing of her’s that’s not in its proper place anywhere around the house. 

Apparently she has to wear something. That’s the damn rule. 

11 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

I thought that at first but now I think it means that Melanie wasn't wearing team gear while announcing. Could be wrong.

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/kevin-brown-baltimore-orioles-masn-suspension.html

"Update: The Athletic’s Brittany Ghiroli confirmed AA’s reporting that Brown was taken off the air over his comments ahead of that final Rays’ game, and added that he was only on radio on the Phillies’ series thanks to another issue. “Multiple sources briefed on the decision say ownership has enacted a new policy mandating that their broadcasters wear only team gear when on-air, which has rankled some. That snafu lead to Brown filling in on radio after his comment in the Rays series because another broadcaster got in trouble. Broadcasters have also been reprimanded previously for mentioning past Orioles players who are no longer with the team.”

Yeah. I read it wrong. 

John Angelos is a fool for bringing this much national attention to how badly he runs the club.  It makes no sense with all these self inflicted wounds.

I thought the era of Peter Angelos being voted the worst owner of all North American sport had ended.  Articles use to put Peter below ever other owner in baseball, football, hocky and basketball.  Was thought to be the worst up until the Buck/Duquette era started to change the narrative.

Now we are in a season of a great story line of winning and John cant shut his mouth or not do things that bring national scorn.  The media will circle the wagons on this.  They will take it personally.  They will begin to write articles bringing up every sin of John and Peter.   

And none of this was necessary.  It all could of been avoided.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Gurgi said:

John Angelos is a fool for bringing this much national attention to how badly he runs the club.  It makes no sense with all these self inflicted wounds.

I thought the era of Peter Angelos being voted the worst owner of all North American sport had ended.  Articles use to put Peter below ever other owner in baseball, football, hocky and basketball.  Was thought to be the worst up until the Buck/Duquette era started to change the narrative.

Now we are in a season of a great story line of winning and John cant shut his mouth or not do things that bring national scorn.  The media will circle the wagons on this.  They will take it personally.  They will begin to write articles bringing up every sin of John and Peter.   

And none of this was necessary.  It all could have been avoided.  

We will never know but I wonder how this story came out ?  I’m glad it got leaked.