Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

Pertaining to the notion that the other owners would vote them out, I have a theory. Same theory I had about Dan Snyder. somehow get the league to hold an anonymous vote about this god-awful family.  Thankfully, Dan was such an awful guy that there was just mountains of evidence available to anybody that wanted to dig to find some thing worthy of getting him out and it finally happened. in this situation, I think that if you were to somehow create an anonymous vote, so that nobody knew who was really voting him out, it would be almost unanimous. Unfortunately, the grounds for the vote can’t simply be “is the Angeles family a bunch of jerks or what?“ obviously, there has to be some sort of viable grounds to set up such a serious conversation. Unfortunately, being a terrible person is not grounds enough to get you kicked out of one of the most exclusive clubs in the world.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

We will never know but I wonder how this story came out ?  I’m glad it got leaked. 

Probably someone at Masn.  Maybe Palmer.  Palmer is old and does not care what happens to him anymore.  

Or some lower Masn employee with friends in the media.  

NEVER pick fights with the media.  

4 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

John Angelos is a fool for bringing this much national attention to how badly he runs the club.  It makes no sense with all these self inflicted wounds.

I thought the era of Peter Angelos being voted the worst owner of all North American sport had ended.  Articles use to put Peter below ever other owner in baseball, football, hocky and basketball.  Was thought to be the worst up until the Buck/Duquette era started to change the narrative.

Now we are in a season of a great story line of winning and John cant shut his mouth or not do things that bring national scorn.  The media will circle the wagons on this.  They will take it personally.  They will begin to write articles bringing up every sin of John and Peter.   

And none of this was necessary.  It all could have been avoided.  

All I have to say is… Good. Hopefully this won’t be much of a distraction to a very tight clubhouse that probably hates the ownership group anyway. Only good should come of this. Maybe the shame that this family is about to endure will finally motivate them to sell and get the F out. the media is going to absolutely roast them. I hope they are merciless. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Caveat that I only watch a limited amount of pre/post game programming because I live out of area but from what I've seen, I think Melanie is pretty good doing sideline stuff and handling pre/post game shows.

She's atrocious as a PBP, but we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Melanie Newman does quite fine with pre and post game show duties, but I never want to hear her on play-by-play again unless she improves her skill at announcing games.

She didn't understand that a runner from 1B couldn't go home on a ground rule double last year. Plus she has a tendency to engage in trivial banter during game action.

• Upvote 1

As much as I hate to say it, we need to tread carefully with Angelos.  He has a thin skin obviously. I could completely see how some sort of criticism of him could rankle him and make him claim victimhood. This, in turn, could result in him taking his ball and going to Nashville.  As much as this annoys me, it would kill me to lose this team after all the fans have lived through.  Hopefully, Angelos just realizes he went too far and moves on.  

Just now, baltfan said:

As much as I hate to say it, we need to tread carefully with Angelos.  He has a thin skin obviously. I could completely see how some sort of criticism of him could rankle him and make him claim victimhood. This, in turn, could result in him taking his ball and going to Nashville.  As much as this annoys me, it would kill me to lose this team after all the fans have lived through.  Hopefully, Angelos just realizes he went too far and moves on.  

He can't just move the team.  The other owners won't let him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, waroriole said:

John is just the most useless person in existence. He is an overall negative to the world. How embarrassed his mother and father must be. 

He isn’t useless.  He hired Elias and has basically left him alone.  Tons of owners won’t even do that.  This is tremendously disappointing though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Getz said:

"29th in payroll" was the key statement I bet. Nothing like Angelos actually putting out the 29th lowest payroll then getting made when his announcer basically showed how good the team is even with the low payroll.

Just now, baltfan said:

He isn’t useless.  He hired Elias and has basically left him alone.  Tons of owners won’t even do that.  This is tremendously disappointing though. 

I agree he's shown some restrain with Elias, who said he had leeway to take on any salary he wanted at the deadline. Lets hope that continues.