Give'em Hell, Roy!

TakebackOPACY

I don't know about the drug testing, but as for the Yankees spending, the line has been crossed. Not even the Red Sox spent money this year. It was 46% Yankees. The Yankees spending spree has opened the eyes of the other 29 teams, and I bet this is addressed in the next agreement.

I want it addressed, but I also want it addressed the right way. If all they do is institute a salary cap without addressing the revenue side of things, then all they've done is make the Yankee$ more profitable...and more dangerous in every un-capped area (int'l signings, draft, etc.).

The MLBPA is way too powerful. Somehow that has to be broken. It is bad for the game in so many ways (ie., testing, salary cap, etc.).

There's a lot not to like about the MLBPA. There's even more not to like about how the owners have historically treated the players...and will do again, the moment the union is broken. The players used to be serfs. Now the owners see the players as the enemy.

There's a lot not to like about the MLBPA. There's even more not to like about how the owners have historically treated the players...and will do again, the moment the union is broken. The players used to be serfs. Now the owners see the players as the enemy.

A polite word. Ken Burns (and I'm guessing Curt Flood) referred to it as slavery. While I don't think the reserve clause is going to be brought back any time soon... You're absolutely right about the owners. If the union is broken, the owners will take EVERY advantage. By any means necessary...

Roy is the one that has to pitch to these monsters. Just looking at Roy's frame is enough evidence for me that the man didn't take steroids. The guy is like 6 foot and weights no more than 180 lbs.

Not that I have any reason to think he's lying, but 6' 180 tells you nothing about whether or not he was roiding.

It sure does. roids build up body mass.

Not for everyone. Lots of slightly built players have tested positive for steroids.

Everyone is different. Charles Atlas achieved his famous physique without steroids, by diligent workouts, before testosterone was even discovered. Steroids help some players achieve that kind of physique with less effort. Some guys are never going to be able to look like powerlifters, regardless of how much pumping they do and how many steroids they take.

It's a myth that you can tell whether a person has taken steroids or not by how muscular he is, or how much acne he has, or how large his head has become. Those are indicators which could arouse suspicion, but they don't prove anything.

Not for everyone. Lots of slightly built players have tested positive for steroids.

Everyone is different. Charles Atlas achieved his famous physique without steroids, by diligent workouts, before testosterone was even discovered. Steroids help some players achieve that kind of physique with less effort. Some guys are never going to be able to look like powerlifters, regardless of how much pumping they do and how many steroids they take.

It's a myth that you can tell whether a person has taken steroids or not by how muscular he is, or how much acne he has, or how large his head has become. Those are indicators which could arouse suspicion, but they don't prove anything.

And don't forget to throw out shoe size increases as an indicator, also. That's simply an indication that you've put on pounds of any sort, as I--and any woman who has ever been pregnant--can well attest. (My feet have grown about the same as Barry Bonds have over the past 10 years or so...but my giant melon head has not...good thing, too!)

The MLBPA is way too powerful. Somehow that has to be broken. It is bad for the game in so many ways (ie., testing, salary cap, etc.).

Thats exactly it, you can say whatever you want to a reporter but when push comes to shove- do you vote for stricter testing? do you stand up to your union rep? The MLBPA has got to be broken up and really so does Selig and his cronies..bring in someone with the personality of Goodell to clean it all up.

Archived