CAA Basketball

YardBirds13

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, I'm impressed with their effort tonight. Durant is just so awful it's almost funny to watch him and see "Durant" 35 on the back of the jersey. Manny Adako looks like Wilt Chamberlain out there.

Congrats to UMBC by the way, great win today.

Thank you. It's looking like Towson is going to overshadow our upset win though. Four point lead, 36.4 seconds left and Towson at the line! :eektf:

Thank you. It's looking like Towson is going to overshadow our upset win though. Four point lead, 36.4 seconds left and Towson at the line! :eektf:

Good luck against the Catamounts. They almost beat Maryland this year (then again, look at who HAS beaten Maryland this year...)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/scoreboard?date=20090308&confId=1

ESPN has UMBC-UVT scheduled tomorrow, so blame them for my ignorance. My apologies :)

Tigers win!

Interesting. Vermont definitely lost though, which is unfortunate because I'd really like another shot at them.

Congrats to the Tigers. I'm glad they can look impressive against someone other than my Retrievers. :)

Towson in the SEMIS!!!! Who would have thought it. Awesome.

I can tell you who DIDN'T expect it...Towson. They canceled the final Pat Kennedy radio show, they expected to have the radio equipment back at Unitas for yesterday's home lacrosse home openers and had to improvise a "broadcast" for the streaming video, etc. It caught the department by a very pleasant surprise. I can only imagine how they're feeling about last night's win.

I can tell you who DIDN'T expect it...Towson. They canceled the final Pat Kennedy radio show, they expected to have the radio equipment back at Unitas for yesterday's home lacrosse home openers and had to improvise a "broadcast" for the streaming video, etc. It caught the department by a very pleasant surprise. I can only imagine how they're feeling about last night's win.

Does this save Kennedy's job? Or would it take a win over Mason?

Like I said before...

Possibly.

However, here's the business side of things: The lacrosse coach, Tony Seaman, is also on the hot seat. Seaman only has this year left on his contract. Pat Kennedy has two. TU just removed Gordy Combs as footballs head coach, and they're on the hook for his remaining contract salary, PLUS the new coaches salary. Economics would suggest here that if both of those two are on the hot seat and both have equally crappy years (Seaman would probably get an extension if this team makes the tourney, but that's a big aspiration for this squad), Seaman would go, and they'd wait until next year and just not renew/extend Kennedy.

This doesn't change that. The only that would, IMO, buy him more time is a miraculous run to win the CAA tourney and all that accompanies that. Otherwise, it's basically a hot streak at the right time, and I don't think administration will be fooled.

Archived