CAA Basketball

YardBirds13

Mason has a pretty sick OOC schedule building up for next year. In addition to playing Creighton and Dayton at home, George Mason to play in the 2009 Puerto Rico Tip-Off and will play 3 games in a tournament ft. UAB, Dayton, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kansas State, Villanova and supposedly Mississippi State.

Chance to get some nice wins in an early pre-conference tournament like we did in 2007-2008. (Old Spice classic) – can’t wait for next season, thank goodness for baseball.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mason has a pretty sick OOC schedule building up for next year. In addition to playing Creighton and Dayton at home' date=' George Mason to play in the 2009 Puerto Rico Tip-Off and will play 3 games in a tournament ft. UAB, Dayton, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kansas State, Villanova and supposedly Mississippi State.

Chance to get some nice wins in an early pre-conference tournament like we did in 2007-2008. (Old Spice classic) – can’t wait for next season, thank goodness for baseball.[/quote']

Hey can you show a link or provide some info on their incoming freshman class? It sounds like they'll have six strong players coming back: Long, Cornelious, Morrison, Birdsong, Tate, Pearson (I think that's his name).

Hey can you show a link or provide some info on their incoming freshman class? It sounds like they'll have six strong players coming back: Long, Cornelious, Morrison, Birdsong, Tate, Pearson (I think that's his name).

No probmem, (just time consuming:D) ugh OH logged me out so I have to start over:mad:

6-6 SF Paris Bennett

Newark, NJ

6-5 SF Luke Hancock

Chatham, VA

6-2 PG Vertrail Vaughns

Mesquite, TX

6-2 SG Rashad Whack

Forestville, MD

6-8 PF/C Johnnie Williams

Memphis, TN

George Mason ranked #1 non BCS recruiting class by ESPN. (bit old though, written in December)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3727876 - this link has info on each player, just click on each players name

Johnny Williams, a 6'8" forward from Briarcrest Christian School in Memphis, is the top-rated power forward recruited by the CAA and is the No. 36 power forward according to ESPN. Williams chose Mason over 'Bama, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Baylor, Boston College and Tennessee. Supposedly recruited by Memphis, Mississippi St., Miami, Florida St. as well. This guy is going to be a monster.

Briarcrest Christian's Johnny Williams 'perfect fit' for George Mason

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/oct/23/williams-perfect-fit-for-george-mason/

Rivals.com recruiting analysts pick the best prospect at each position headed to each conference.

CAA:

Point guard: Ben Eblen, Virginia Commonwealth

Shooting guard: Rashaad Whack, George Mason

Small forward: Paris Bennett, George Mason

Power forward: Johnny Williams, George Mason

Center: Rashanti Harris, Georgia State

----

Not done yet?

Sherrod Wright to Mason?

He was the No. 27 SG in the Class of 2009 and ranked No. 101 in the Rivals 150.

Stepping out of the background and into the spotlight is Westchester's newly crowned Mr. Basketball, Sherrod Wright.

The Mount Vernon Knights season has ended but Wright's recruitment process has picked up steam. In November, he took his first official visit to South Carolina. In March, he took another official visit to George Mason. With the April 13th signing deadline quickly approaching, Wright plans on squeezing in another one or possibly two more visits." I will most likely visit UCF on the 9th," said Wright.

Right now, the cards are stacked in his favor. "I already have offers from George Mason, Oklahoma State, Fordham, UCF, South Carolina, Cincinnati, North Carolina Charlotte, Marquette and Providence," says Wright.

Archived