Now I have to ask, are you kidding? Good games by those three make the perception "gone?" Three games make the whole Tejada business go away? The hometown paper is waiting for Tejada to erupt again if the Orioles struggle. Overall, the perception of this offseason is we're looking up at three teams now, not just two. Three games aren't going to change that. We should overlook our 2-5 spring training record I presume. Since we're hanging our hats on one game, how did Benson do in his first outing? Or haven't you been watching?

Absolutely, you should overlook that 2-5 record...the same way you should overlook it if it was 7-0. It has no meaning at all.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, well we'll see I guess. I'm certainly rooting for them as hard as anybody but I'm expecting and will be fine with much less. Now I need to get to sleep since I'm exhausted from aforementioned staying up 'till 4 to watch Bedard pitch in the WBC. I want to see Javy and Matos play tonight but I think I'll just set a tape this time. :002_scool:

Now I have to ask, are you kidding? Good games by those three make the perception "gone?" Three games make the whole Tejada business go away? The hometown paper is waiting for Tejada to erupt again if the Orioles struggle. Overall, the perception of this offseason is we're looking up at three teams now, not just two. Three games aren't going to change that. We should overlook our 2-5 spring training record I presume. Since we're hanging our hats on one game, how did Benson do in his first outing? Or haven't you been watching?

I am not looking at just a few games. I am looking at the end of last season, at the off season, at the spring training. And I have seen the fans on this board become MUCH more positive about the team. And on the field there are good things too.

That was the point of my thread

Alright, well we'll see I guess. I'm certainly rooting for them as hard as anybody but I'm expecting and will be fine with much less. Now I need to get to sleep since I'm exhausted from aforementioned staying up 'till 4 to watch Bedard pitch in the WBC. I want to see Javy and Matos play tonight but I think I'll just set a tape this time. :002_scool:

Once again Rockbird, you are writing crap.

I never said I stay up to watch the games late at night. I was saying I cant wait to come home from work this season to watch the Os games.

Do you do that in all your posts Rockbird? I would hope not

And I have seen the fans on this board become MUCH more positive about the team. And on the field there are good things too.

But that happens every year. It's a never ending cycle. Optimistic early in offseason, negative late in offseason, optimistic for spring training/early season, negative again late in the season, optimistic for early offseason, etc. It's a constast cycle of inflated hope and crushed expectations. That's the point that needs to be seen as well.

Anyway I'm off for real now.

Once again Rockbird, you are writing crap.

I never said I stay up to watch the games late at night. I was saying I cant wait to come home from work this season to watch the Os games.

Do you do that in all your posts Rockbird? I would hope not

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!? See you're being Mr. "Im the center of attention, everyone is obsessed with me" again. What crap am I writing? I'm stating that I'd love to argue some more but need to log off because Im tired for the aforementioned reason. It was an attempt at humor with my taping suggestion and I have no idea what you're talking about otherwise. I dont know nor do I care how you watch the games.

Geronimo freakin' Gil, and I was trying to be truceful as well, and yet that apparently was not absorbed. Whatever, goodnight.

I am not looking at just a few games. I am looking at the end of last season, at the off season, at the spring training. And I have seen the fans on this board become MUCH more positive about the team. And on the field there are good things too.

Ummmm, did you watch the same "end of last season" that I watched?? 'Cause I hate to break it to ya' -- it wasn't pretty.

July            8  18      98     135   0.308August         11  17     104     154   0.393September      10  18     124     144   0.357October         2   0      10       5   1.000

Source

Witchy

Ummmm, did you watch the same "end of last season" that I watched?? 'Cause I hate to break it to ya' -- it wasn't pretty.
July            8  18      98     135   0.308August         11  17     104     154   0.393September      10  18     124     144   0.357October         2   0      10       5   1.000

Source

Witchy

Why do we need to bring that up? What does it have to do with this team?

Why do we need to bring that up? What does it have to do with this team?

Trinidad freakin' Hubbard. YOU brought it up! You brought the evidence into play, it was countered and now you're denying its relevance in the first place.

Absolutely, you should overlook that 2-5 record...the same way you should overlook it if it was 7-0. It has no meaning at all.

You're missing the point, it seems. My question was rhetorical. I asked repeatedly what made the perception "gone" and the response offered was three good games. Neither 3 WBC games or 7 ones in the Grapefruit league can make the perception of this team "gone."

And on the field there are good things too.

I agree there are some good things. I just take exception with the point you made at the beginning.

"With that hope that springs eternal from within the human breast. For they thought, if only Casey could get a whack at that,They’d put up even money now, with Casey at the bat."

We'll see where we are in August.

You're missing the point, it seems. My question was rhetorical. I asked repeatedly what made the perception "gone" and the response offered was three good games. Neither 3 WBC games or 7 ones in the Grapefruit league can make the perception of this team "gone."

Well since we are talking about missing points...I do believe you missed Boogie's point in your response that I was responding to (I think I worded that right!)...

Originally Posted by TonySoprano

The Tejada "trade me" business sure did a lot for our "perception" as well, much, much more so, imho, than the nice things Nomar or anyone else said. Therefore, my answer to your question is no. I think the perception will change when we have a winning season.

Markakis is turning heads. Loewen had one good game. Those are good things.

Originally Posted by Boogidownoriole

Bedard, Lopez and Chen doing well in the world league hasnt? I have heard really good things about them so maybe you havent been watching.

I do believe Boogie was referring to your last comment about Markakis and Loewen being good things....nothing to do with the previous discussion about perception.

I do believe Boogie was referring to your last comment about Markakis and Loewen being good things....nothing to do with the previous discussion about perception.
If that was true, he wouldn't have made it a question ending in hasn't.
"Bedard, Lopez and Chen doing well in the world league hasnt?"
Hasn't what? He's referring back to the discussion about perception.

Otherwise, if he was trying to say they are also good things, as you indicate, wouldn't it have been phrased as "Bedard, Lopez and Chen doing well in the world league aren't good things?" To which, my answer would have been, yes, so far so good.

If that was true, he wouldn't have made it a question ending in hasn't. Hasn't what? He's referring back to the discussion about perception.

Otherwise, if he was trying to say they are also good things, as you indicate, wouldn't it would have been phrased as "Bedard, Lopez and Chen doing well in the world league aren't good things?"

If you want to look at it as an english professor, then you are probably right. If you want to use logic, then I am probably right. But, in the end, only Boogie knows for sure. But then, you'd probably dispute that too...so I give up, you win.

Archived