Albert Suarez 2024

Tony-OH

Just now, Frobby said:

I thought he looked very shaky in the first inning and then he allowed a leadoff single in the 2nd.  I thought he was going to have a short night.   Then he just completely turned it around.  Great job and we needed it.  

If anyone had bothered to stop crying after his last start in Houston and paid attention to what happened,  they'd have noticed that he had a disaster of a start to the game and then got it together.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

If anyone had bothered to stop crying after his last start in Houston and paid attention to what happened,  they'd have noticed that he had a disaster of a start to the game and then got it together.

I didn’t even see the Houston game so I have no idea what happened there.  I thought he looked good in the Texas game.  But I didn’t like how he looked in the first today.  It wasn’t just the homer, he just seemed to be missing pretty badly and then having to throw down the middle.  But he got his curve going in the second and that really helped him.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I didn’t even see the Houston game so I have no idea what happened there.  I thought he looked good in the Texas game.  But I didn’t like how he looked in the first today.  It wasn’t just the homer, he just seemed to be missing pretty badly and then having to throw down the middle.  But he got his curve going in the second and that really helped him.  

The changeup to get Rooker later on was spectacular.

6 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

He'll never dazzle but when you look up he keeps his team in it and rarely has very bad innings...If the Orioles pick up another starter at the deadline...Suarez will be a long man in the pen...I have to say I like him better as a starter...more thane could ask for...really 

I think and hope he makes through the rest of the season with us , either as SP or RP 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Dude is a horse. He’s only given up 3 homers all season. 2 versus the A’s. 

Man… we could do a lot worse for a game 3 SP.

Suarez doesn’t get rattled. 

And yet you’re going to see people who can’t wait to banish him to the bullpen at the first sight of a struggle because he’s not “a premium talent.”

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

And yet you’re going to see people who can’t wait to banish him to the bullpen at the first sight of a struggle because he’s not “a premium talent.”

Maybe it’s just me… but a part of me is like “You gotta dance with the girl you came with.”  Let’s roll with Suarez in Game 3. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Is this parody? You can tell by watching him, he’s not a guy with good stuff. He’s not someone you start in a playoff game. He’s definitely valuable to us this year as someone who’s stayed healthy and can keep you in the game. And against bad offensive teams, he can make them look silly. But, I’d be concerned if he’s our #3 SP in October.