How many past and present O's players do you think read this forum?

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

If you were a baseball player, would you really spend what little precious free time you have during the season on a message board? I don't think so.

It would bleed over into my lego and call of duty time.

3 hours ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am sure there are players that read here.  Has to be.   I doubt anyone posts under an alias though.  Come to think of it I don't think I have ever heard of any active player posting anywhere in any sport. 

I wonder if there are certain league rules that prohibit it. 

I know there are rules in the NBA about posting on social media with guns just ask Ja Morant about them.   lol

• Upvote 1

I am just waiting for the day when we see a message on the game threads responding to Roy.  When he asks for a fly ball with a man on third and Mountcastle hits one and then asks if he is happy on the thread.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

There have been a few players (majors/minors) whose relatives have posted here, and at least one who had an account here, though he never posted.  Offhand:

- David Hermandez’s father

- George Sherrill’s brother

- Parker Bridwell’s mother

- Tony Butler

Butler was acquired in the Bedard trade and was a pretty highly regatded prospect (no. 6 in a good Mariners farm system, I think), but unfortunately got hurt early in his time with us and never made it back.  

Otherwise, I doubt many major leaguers read this site, but I’d bet some minor leaguers do.  I do remember that Curt Schilling used to post on Sons of Sam Horn while he was playing for the Red Sox.  

9 minutes ago, GoldGlove21 said:

Why would they care?

Good question he was only writing normal stuff.  But I guess they were afraid of "Ball Four" type stuff.  Maybe about how the young guys might go out and get plastered.  Whatever the reason the Orioles stopped it.  And I have not heard about any ballplayers having blogs while they are playing.  I dont think MLB likes the idea.

Probably "what is in the clubhouse stays in the clubhouse"  Or we get a Chicken and Beer Redsox disaster.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Idk how impactful this was, probably pretty low on the list of problems, but this is the 2nd straight week that Lamar threw the ball late in the game and the receiver was unable to get oob.  The ball to Bateman is probably excusable because we had more time on the clock and we needed the deep ball to be in position to make a run, but this time throwing a 12 yard dump to Andrews was just straight up stupid IMO.  I get that they're going to play outside leverage all day every day in this situation but just throw it away and try to take another shot.  Lamar has to have more clock awareness than that,  and Harbaugh has to instill in him the importance of saving those seconds on the clock.
    • Sorry but that response from Fuller sounds to me like too many words, concepts, abstractions, and if that's how he communicates, wordy and convoluted, it's a lot for hitters to carry "into the box." Not to mention all the specifics involved, re. what pitches and locations to look for, all the analytics of how to do the swing and torque the body, etc. I'm no coach but I can imagine a whole season of this approach just becomes information overload. Maybe it's not rocket science, after all (with all due respect to ex-NASA Sig). Maybe the antidote is more Zen: just see the pitch and hit the dang thing. 
    • The proposition that every auction automatically results in an overpay is simplified indeed.  Granted, "kind of true" is a low bar to clear, but still...
    • Should probably move this to the minors section.  I don't see him in the majors again this season.  
    • Are we still going on about Trevor Rogers ?  
    • I think this is spot on. These guys have played baseball their entire life, they know what needs to be done to get the guy in. It sound like the team slumping has but pressure on all members of the team. A pitcher going out there saying "I need to give up 3 or fewer runs to have a chance to win" is tough. A bullpen arm saying "I can't make a mistake at all because our offense is struggling". I think these guys need to relax and stop pressing. How do you convince players to play loose?
    • I am shocked how much I have distanced my attention from the Orioles the last two months.  This losing and being helpless to stop the skidding has sapped all my desire to be a fan.   We seem destined to lose fast in the playoffs.  
  • Popular Contributors