UNC – National Champions

O's are Legends

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best team I've ever seen in my years following college basketball. Incredible team. They are so good they almost turn Tyler Hansbrough, the leading scorer in ACC history, into a role player.

They didn't turn him into one, the other teams did.

You saw what happens to Tyler if he plays against more athletic, bigger and quicker players..He isn't skilled enough to offset that.

Very similar to what you saw with Redick...When JJ had a more athletic, quicker, bigger defender on him, he was reduced to a role player type guy.

Another cheap shot against the Big East; how am I not surprised. At least I’m not a basketball “noob” so I’m not even going to take this seriously. Geez' date=' [b']why can’t people just appreciate all the good basketball teams and conferences out there?[/b] Why does it always have to be ACC this or Big East this, or Big 12 that? The Big East is my favorite conference and I enjoy rooting against Louisville, Nova, Notre Dame, etc. as I can’t stand those teams. What’s next UNC fans rooting for Duke and the Terps? Or Hoya fans rooting for Villa…, no that could never happen; well at least it shouldn’t.

Pride?

I don't like any team but Maryland, and cheer against Duke, UNC, UVa, etc at every opportunity, and even I'll admit Big East was better this year than the ACC without question... but if Maryland can't do it, I'd still prefer an ACC team win the championship.

Another point of interest is that my post should have gone into the "Post here when you're drunk" thread. :)

Best team I've ever seen in my years following college basketball. Incredible team. They are so good they almost turn Tyler Hansbrough, the leading scorer in ACC history, into a role player.

Wow, that's high praise coming from a knowledgeable poster like you Mack. Very cool.

For me, they're not the most talented I've ever seen (the '84 Heels were the best in my opinion..Mike, Perkins, Daugherty, Doherty, and Kenny Smith) but it might be my favorite team if only because they all came back for this one goal. It doesn't happen anymore in College Hoops, and I'm just so happy that these guys did it.

Congrats to them. Not a fan of theirs but I've developed a soft spot since I've done very well in their last two championship wins since I've picked them both times. They've got some talented players and they were making threes like no ones business against Nova on Saturday night.

Never ever take into account what any player says right now, especially after they just won a title.

Davis may very well be coming back but if he is being told, in a weak draft, that he is going to be a top 10 pick, he may be gone.

I think he has probably already been told he could be a top 10 pick; but he also knows he isn't ready for that level yet. It has been reported now in several spots that he will be back (ESPN bottom line, CNNSI.com, among others), so it would surprise me if he left. If he wasn't sure, he'd just say he wasn't sure, not that he would definitely be back.

Feel free to say 'I told you so' if he does a 180 though ;)

The '91-'92 Duke teams and the UNLV teams were better than this UNC team...I think the UNC team of 2005 was as good too.

Just to follow up on this...Foxsports.com feels the 2001 Duke team was the best of the decade and that the 2005 UNC team was better than this past seasons team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/pgStory?contentId=9429954#sport=COLLEGE%20BASKETBALL&photo=9429708

Just to follow up on this...Foxsports.com feels the 2001 Duke team was the best of the decade and that the 2005 UNC team was better than this past seasons team.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/pgStory?contentId=9429954#sport=COLLEGE%20BASKETBALL&photo=9429708

Talent wise, yes, but "Team concept" wise, I haven't seen a better team than this one. Granted, I'm biased, but I'd take this team over any of the ones mentioned above.

I will agree that the top three are light years above the others.

No respect for the Terps there! Maybe because none of those guys have had really good NBA careers, but they were great college players.

Wilcox and Steven Blake are both solid NBA players. That was a damn good Maryland team.

Truthfully, besides Lawson and Davis, I don't think many of my guys from this team wll be great NBA players.

Archived